• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Single Player Arcade Mode... Without Marie maybe?

Nonckiewicz

Legendary Outlaw
Reaction score
Steam
Non
PSN
Nonowicz
Peacock Robo Fortune Fukua
I don't always want to play online.
Single player is cool, and arcade mode in Skullgirls - great thing.

But

I can only play 8 games, then i have to restart game. Why? Because of Marie.
In Street Fighter, there was is option, where you can choose to play Arcade Mode with, or without bonus stages (you know, cars and barrels).
I would love to see something like this in Skullgrils.

Some of you like fighting Marie, thats cool, but for me (especially on the higher difficulty) is a pain and zero fun. And i bet i am not the only one.

Whaddya think?

Last edited:
Marie is a boss of this game you just can't remove a boss. my solo big band can almost pwn here in nightmare. just get better or don't play higher difficutly's. i can almost pwn here with my solo big band on nightmare. (i got to her 3 form... a couple of times)

IMO, I don't really learn anything by fighting Nightmare Marie. If I need to fight more AI's in arcade mode (when I'm breaking in a new character for example), I just get to Marie, restart, and fight some more.

At the very least, you skip having to skip the credits by not beating Marie.

good point just do has erkicman says just quit the game. you don't get anything for beating nightmare. but marie looks different and makes want to brass knuckle her red face a few times.

Marie is a boss of this game you just can't remove a boss. my solo big band can almost pwn here in nightmare. just get better or don't play higher difficutly's. i can almost pwn here with my solo big band on nightmare. (i got to her 3 form... a couple of times)

I can "pwn" Nightmare Marie with Solo Big Band, that’s not the problem here.

The problem is:

IMO, I don't really learn anything by fighting Nightmare Marie.

This.

You only learn to beat Marie better, that doesn’t help anyone who wants to learn the game. Okay, playing against the AI doesn’t help you how to learn the game properly, granted, but its a good start after training mode.

And I personally just restarted before facing Marie while playing offline, even if I could beat her quickly, its pretty pointless to do so if it isn’t Story Mode.

I would support this idea, but only if it doesn’t eat up to much resources or time.
Because otherwise, you can always quit and restart.

Figure I'll just bump this rather than starting my own thread. I just want a No Marie toggle for arcade and the option to basically play it 'endlessly.'

Every time I'm on Nightmare Mode, I just skip Marie and start again. Restarting is a small nuisance compared to Marie herself, who is a really broken final boss anyways.

Yep, I play arcade only right now and an infinity option would be nice(and actual random enemies, not always the same teams and single ones)

One other thing I do besides skipping Marie--because as erkicman said, there's no point to fighting her--is changing the difficulty from Nightmare to Ridiculous so that throws and throw setups work. In Nightmare ALL of your throws are teched, which is completely impossible in real-world matches.

Reactions: erkicman
I don't always want to play online.
Single player is cool, and arcade mode in Skullgirls - great thing.

But

I can only play 8 games, then i have to restart game. Why? Because of Marie.
In Street Fighter, there was is option, where you can choose to play Arcade Mode with, or without bonus stages (you know, cars and barrels).
I would love to see something like this in Skullgrils.

Some of you like fighting Marie, thats cool, but for me (especially on the higher difficulty) is a pain and zero fun. And i bet i am not the only one.

Whaddya think?

Go to options in the setting menu, go to teams and solo number of rounds and set it to 4 (or best of 7, i cant remember which option it gives)..

Now you have to beat the computer teams 4 times each before you get to marie.

So 32 games instead of like 8 or whatever.

Another alternative, go into training mode and chose your team and the team you want to play against, set health, meter, all that stuff to normal and set the Dummy action to CPU and check death allowed.
At the end of the round it will ask you if you want to play again then just hit yes.

Infinite games against one team, might not be the variety that you're looking for.

You can also just set the health to infinite and play forever against a team or a character that is giving you trouble.