• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Beta Crashed

javihunt

Reaction score
Steam
Javihunt
Ms. Fortune Eliza Unknown
this morning, downloading the new upgrade game crashed when I try to open

Last edited:
Reactions: gluemchen
Having the same issue. CTD at the very first loading screen. Tried following. Verify files through steam. Restart Steam. Reboot PC. Deleted game through steam and manualy deleted remnant files in the steam installation folder aswell as in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Skullgirls Beta. Reinstalled the beta. No change. Is there anyone else besides us two having the same issue?

Retail works fine.

Here is my log
http://pastebin.com/wWyUuqgL

Also logs from people on steam
http://steamcommunity.com/app/208610/discussions/0/624076027792089649/

Last edited:
Thirding the issue. I don't think I can contribute anything beyond that.

Reactions: gluemchen
I too confirm the same happening.

Did the same stuff you did, gluemchen.
Not fixed.

Yup. It happened with me too. Can't test new Beowulf cannon. =(

Just as a point of interest, how many of you run Skullgirls in a non-English language?

My PC's language is on spanish, but all of my Steam games I play them on English.

Just as a point of interest, how many of you run Skullgirls in a non-English language?
I don't and mine works.

Crashes for me too. Is the fact that I'm running it in low res part of the problem?

I suggest all you guys just post your log and wait patiently until Mike gets time to take a look at it. Start Skullgirls with the -log parameter on steam to create your log.
Go to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Skullgirls Beta\ and delete any already existing log file in there before you go ahead and do this though. Not quite sure if logs that are already in there get overwritten or not so i suggest you just backup your log if you have any in there, if they are of importance prior to the new beta update. Launch your game and copy paste your new log content on http://pastebin.com

Link it here so Mike has something to work with should he need it.

Last edited:
downloading the game again and still crashes :L

Me for example, maybe is that, I remember something similar happened in the past with the lobbies crashes and languages.

I tried to delete savedata from the documents folder but it doesn't work, I don't know if doing that reverts the language to English but it doesn't work, also Skullgirls language is ingame and not in Steam properties of the game like other games.

Last edited:
Not the right question.

How many of you had to CHANGE your language to or from English?
The answer is, everyone who crashes had to change it to English or it defaults to not-English, and everyone who doesn't crash had to change it FROM English if they are running in not-English.

Will fix shortly.

Holy crepe, that was quick.

Thanks!