• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Skullgirls crashes during character select online

nyo_ro

Reaction score
Squigly
CPU: Intel Core i7 @ 2600k
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 560 Ti
RAM: 16GB DDR3

Running from Steam. I have a TE2 (PS3/PS4) connected in PS4 mode. The game runs fine on startup and my stick works fine too.
When going into Quick Match and after adjusting my ping and accepting an opponent, I'll be taken to character select. That is where the crash happens.
I've had it happen in multiple scenarios.
  • Before I picked my character
  • During character color pick
  • While my opponent is picking their character
If you need any more info from me to help with this, let me know.

A few things:
-Is your internet fine and not constantly turning on-and-off?
-Is this isolated to Quick-match or does it happen to Lobbys and offline as well?

Go to the Endless Beta on steam, and right click it.
Click 'Proprieties' and then 'Set launch options'
Add

-log

To the launch options then close it.
Run the beta and try and get the crash to happen on the FIRST match.
(Find someone you know it's happened with, and make them search for a match in only.. india/middle east for example, and then match up with them)
If it doesn't crash, go to
C:\Users\<You>\Documents\Skullgirls Beta\Save Data and find the skullgirls beta.log file, and delete it, then try again.

You want to produce the bug on the first time if possible so that the log is not crowded with too much information.
If it's not possible and related to the second match being accepted then that'l do.
When you've got a crashed logged in the file, upload it somewhere and post a link.

Reactions: Flotilla
A few things:
-Is your internet fine and not constantly turning on-and-off?
-Is this isolated to Quick-match or does it happen to Lobbys and offline as well?

My internet is stable. I never have outages.
Also, I only play Quick Match... I could try lobbies, but I'm pretty unsuccessful with finding other lobby players in the past, so I stopped. I'll see if I can replicate it there.

Go to the Endless Beta on steam, and right click it.
Click 'Proprieties' and then 'Set launch options'
Add
-log

To the launch options then close it.
Run the beta and try and get the crash to happen on the FIRST match.
(Find someone you know it's happened with, and make them search for a match in only.. india/middle east for example, and then match up with them)
If it doesn't crash, go to
C:\Users\<You>\Documents\Skullgirls Beta\Save Data and find the skullgirls beta.log file, and delete it, then try again.

You want to produce the bug on the first time if possible so that the log is not crowded with too much information.
If it's not possible and related to the second match being accepted then that'l do.
When you've got a crashed logged in the file, upload it somewhere and post a link.

Got it. I'll do this when I get home. I don't play online using the Beta often and the crashes have only happened with the regular version of the game, but I'll do solely beta for testing since they should have the exact same "problem".

Also this happened when I was fighting against dekillsage last night. I paired up just fine with him and we played through one match with no problems, but when I went back to search and got paired up against him again the crash happened after I got to character select. So I don't think it's based per person, the crashes seem entirely random in my experience.

I did some lobby play as a test, but nothing bad happened with a few matches (other player had to leave).
I'll be trying tomorrow with another player on Quick Match using the methods you suggested.
There's no one on Beta Quick Match :( so I can't test with randoms like I do with the regular game. But I'll be sure to get some more data tomorrow.

You play QM on retail. Did an error happen? Add that person. Ask him/her to do beta QM real quick so you can get a log. Done. Send it to mike.

These results are not typical and blah blah blah.

You play QM on retail. Did an error happen? Add that person. Ask him/her to do beta QM real quick so you can get a log. Done. Send it to mike.

These results are not typical and blah blah blah.

Hee hee, coordinating bug testing with randoms would be quite... interesting.
I'll see if anyone actually listens to messages like that next time I try to figure out what's going on.

Anyway I roped Weatherbee into testing it with me on Beta QM but I didn't get any crashes despite us mucking with the delay between games. Hopefully in the future in the 1/20 chance I crash I can convince said person to fire up the beta and play me. ;_;

All right I did a lot more testing and it no longer crashes... of course.

I'll keep the beta log deleted between sessions in the hopeful event that I catch one.