• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls documentary/shows?

6-Let

Public Enemy #6
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Steam
6Let
Unknown Unknown Unknown
I think around the end of last year, I had brought up an idea of doing my own version of Excellent Adventures of you know who but with Skullgirls. But sadly I had to give up on that idea hoped that someone else would go forward try this idea out. I just recently got a nice camera that can record in 1080p and I'll be heading to my 2nd Tournament Major: First Attack in Puerto Rico. Because they don't have any games that I'm interested into competing (except for Xrd but I don't have the game nor have I had any practice), I would rather record the venue and crowd reactions.

Lately want to set-up my channel and go beyond online gameplay by taking it offline. Filming the tournament scene has been something I wanted to do. So my question is, once I come back to the US, what would like to see when it comes to the SG community?

Doc. of a specific player/group/location
Following a player's life inside and outside of gaming tournaments (ie SonicFox, Dekillsage, Elda Taluda, etc)
Following a group of players who get together, play together and/or go to venues (New Your, Midwest crew, Xanadu, etc)

SG tournaments
Go to tournaments where SG is getting love and record the scene and players outside of the scene

Shows of any kind
Like I mention above, something similar to Excellent Adventures, visiting Lab Zero and hang with the crew (not likely but possible), or possibly some suggestion you guys would like to add. Heck even a few things outside of fighting games but still involving Skullgirls.

This isn't just something for me. I would also like to see anyone else try any of these ideas in the near future. But I'm interest in what you guys would prefer to see. This something I want to try when I come back to the US.

Documentaries can sometimes take years of footage. It's nearly impossible from a hobbyist standpoint. It's fucking hard. I worked with a filmmaker some years ago on a documentary about MMA, and he filmed at my gym for nearly two years. And he didn't even get to finish; he didn't have enough footage to form a compelling narrative for the film.

I'm just saying, a month of filming does not a documentary make.

I'd watch an excellent adventure style thing, though.