• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Encore not complete?

kurikuri

Reaction score
Hi,

iI am new in this franchise. So today I bought skullgirls encore for ps3. I thought the encore edition is some kind of a complete edition with all available stuff. But after starting the game I experienced that there are two characters, that has to be downloaded additionaly and that cost extra money (squigly and big band). So theres are "only" nine characters including fukua. Is that correct?
Is the sg encore not a complete edition with all available acharacters? What is with the other characters (beowulf etc)? Are they for free an when will they be released?

Thanx for the help.

Let's just say Lab Zero had a LOT of problems with Konami. When L0 terminated their contract with them, Konami demanded Sony and Microsoft to remove SG from the online stores IIRC. Encore is just the same game under a different name and without Konami's logo in it. Each DLC character is free in stores for 3 months after release. If you download them during the free period, then you keep them forever. Squigly's free period ended a long time ago and Big Band is not free any more on Steam (Don't remember if he's still free on PS3). Eliza is coming out soon. PS4 and Vita versions will be the Complete Editions since they're planning to release them sometime after Robo-Fortune is finished.

Thanx for the info. So there are still three(?) upcoming characters, that will be free for three months after their relaeses? Squigly and Big Band cost 4,99 each in psn store.

Eliza is almost finished and will be submitted soon; Beowulf is being worked on and Robo-Fortune will be the last Indiegogo DLC character plus they need to add new features like voice packs and other things.

Reactions: kurikuri
Yes. If you "buy" Eliza/Beowulf/RoboFortune when they come out for $0.00, you own them forever.
You are 7 months too late for Squigly to be free and about a month too late for Big Band to be free. They were free for three whole months each.

So I was thinking of giving Skullgirls a try..

My options are a non-gaming laptop PC (that just barely meets system requirements -- i have to turn the background off to run Street Fighter IV smoothly) or Xbox 360.

I was thinking of just buying it for 360, but is that version an older version (patch wise) than what's available for PC? Will it at least be eventually updated to the most current version?

So I was thinking of giving Skullgirls a try..

My options are a non-gaming laptop PC (that just barely meets system requirements -- i have to turn the background off to run Street Fighter IV smoothly) or Xbox 360.

I was thinking of just buying it for 360, but is that version an older version (patch wise) than what's available for PC? Will it at least be eventually updated to the most current version?
Take a look at www.systemrequirementslab.com and do a test to see if your laptop meets the minimum requirements. I have a 5 year old laptop that overheats and I still manage to get stable matches with 2D backgrounds, but I also had to buy a laptop cooler because I had some FPS issues with Lobby matches.

New DLC characters will be coming at the same time on ALL platforms, including new character balance changes. On Steam new Balance changes/experiments are mostly in the Beta, while Retail version just gets bugfixes. I'm not sure if you should buy it on the 360. I have SG on PS3 and Steam and I find much more matches in the Steam version.

I have SG on xBox and I wouldn't recommend it, because the number of players is really small. Sometimes I have to wait 20 minutes to find someone, and I always end playing the same person over and over again.

You really should try the steam version, it's much better.

I have SG on xBox and I wouldn't recommend it, because the number of players is really small. Sometimes I have to wait 20 minutes to find someone, and I always end playing the same person over and over again.

You really should try the steam version, it's much better.

you should add the GT in my sig if you are looking for players. you can usually find people who are up for matches.