• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls won't start!!

chrome salmon

Reaction score
Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047272817/
Can someone please help me out!! I just recently bought skullgirls and the game won't start. When I open skullgirls it pops up into a little window on the top left corner and then just quits itself.
I have allready tried reinstalling and also restarting steam. Please help ;_;

I'm gonna try to take a stab in the dark at this so here's a few things.

First, I'm going to assume you're using some kind of version of Windows from the past 10 years (XP to 8.1)
If you're using Linux or Mac the game wont work.

Assuming that, the first thing I would look into is making sure hour .NET framework is updated. Sometimes some games wont work if its not updated (I know tbis has happened to me before). You can just Google it and go to MS' s website. If that doesn't work you can try completely deleting tbe game and redownloading. Sometimes packets of info get lost and it corrupts files.

If this doent work it might be possibly Antivirus but that is a really rare occurrence.

Hope this helps.

I'm gonna try to take a stab in the dark at this so here's a few things.

First, I'm going to assume you're using some kind of version of Windows from the past 10 years (XP to 8.1)
If you're using Linux or Mac the game wont work.

Assuming that, the first thing I would look into is making sure hour .NET framework is updated. Sometimes some games wont work if its not updated (I know tbis has happened to me before). You can just Google it and go to MS' s website. If that doesn't work you can try completely deleting tbe game and redownloading. Sometimes packets of info get lost and it corrupts files.

If this doent work it might be possibly Antivirus but that is a really rare occurrence.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for the reply I have installed the latest version of .NET and it is still not working. I also have had a notification pop up that says I need pixel shader 3.0 but I dunno

Ah pixel shader is your graphics card. Try updating your drivers on your graphics card. Just curious, what kind of card do you use?

Sounds like that's your problem, onboard VGA motherboard chipsets usually aren't the best. You might want to spring some cash for a cheap graphics card that supports pixel shader 3.0, unless you're playing on a laptop, to which you're pretty much screwed.