• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Something Amazing Happened

drewski

Reaction score
Steam
drewski
Big Band Cerebella
This past weekend was Northeast Championships 15, and a sizable portion of the SGC attended (40+ entrants!). On Saturday night (the night before the tournament) around 25 of us got together and went to a restaurant in Philly. It was kinda a stressful drive because of my own poor planning, but we made it and dinner was a blast. A few others and myself finished paying for our meal, so we went to grab something from my car while everyone else was paying. We got to where I was and my car totally wasn't there, and as it turns out it was an illegal place to park and I got towed. None of us saw the warning sign because 1.) the tiny little sign was folded over on itself and 2.) we just wanted to get to the restaurant.

So, shit. My car is gone, it's like 12:30 AM, the tournament is tomorrow, and I'm gonna be out $175+ because I'm a fucking idiot. We walked the short distance back to the resturant where everyone else was to let them know what was up and was greeted by a big hug and condolences. Without me even asking for anything, someone shouts to the big group that drewski needs some help and then the amazing thing happened. $5, $10, $20, $40, $60. People were just throwing money at me. All these people, most of which I had just met THAT weekend, some of which who I hadn't even properly introduced myself to, were giving me their hard-earned cash just to help some random kid out of a tight spot. I was pretty much moved to tears. Within about 30 seconds, I actually had to start giving money back to people that gave me a lot because I had MORE THAN THE ENTIRE TOWING FEE. All in all the community generated $183 (though it was way more before I started giving money back) of the $205 fee, and I even got a ride to the towing place.

I'm so sorry I can't thank all of you individually here but I know I would miss someone, so I'll just say that you guys know who you are and you fucking rock. You all make up the collective that's the friendliest, most generous community in the FGC. I love you all so, so much. This community is the fucking best.

THANK YOU!!!

"You are the worst enemies when you're playing against another person, but when you're done you are the best of friends." ~ Mike Z

Tagging Lab Zero so they can see what their game has created (also thanks for adding Big Band to the game I guess) @Mike_Z @render @Ravidrath

obama-group-hug.jpg

Is it dusty in here? :*)

That's awesome! This community really is the best.

Reactions: drewski
Glad things worked out for you and the others!

Motherfucker, got my stick caught in your car.

Nah man, it's all good. Glad everything worked out for you. Philly's a dumb place sometimes.

Should've gone to Wendy's instead IMO.

Seriously though, I was in drewski's car and pushed the guys to PYT when the others were about to give up, and I felt terrible about pushing the car when we got the news after dinner, and I felt a little responsible for it. I still can't believe how generous and fast everyone was with helping. To East Coast: you guys really rule.

Also @evilben @FuLLBLeeD @Dhoppler I guess car trouble always happens to events that I go to, huh? :(

Last edited:
Sure it was fun. maybe it's time for me to invest some free time back into the FGC, i've been a bystander for a touch too long in this community.

I was honestly tearing up a bit afterwards.

I gave the rest of my money to Drewski and I think @fenster deserves a bit of praise for giving me money to enter in the tournament after I gave everything.

Yo, good on everyone who was there for making me feel proud to be apart of this community.

So I heard PYT was ass C/D?

Everyone seemed pretty happy over the food there. The bigger issue was the server who threw some serious shade at everyone, except Shade (big surprise). I mean, I don't blame him. We were being pretty loud. ;D

Fenster it's not like that. Everyone had an awesome time and I'm glad you pushed me to go. <3

Sorry I wasn't there, I didn't know until it was too late I would've helped <3
You've done more than enough for this community, man!! <3

I gave the rest of my money to Drewski and I think @fenster deserves a bit of praise for giving me money to enter in the tournament after I gave everything.
;^; I got you on venue and SG entry the next time we're both at xan <3

spamming hearts but idc

Ok but for real, that whole street the tow place was at was shady as fuck. Looked like nothing but chop shops. Oh and yea fuck philly.

Ok but for real, that whole street the tow place was at was shady as fuck. Looked like nothing but chop shops. Oh and yea fuck philly.
oh the funny thing is. I've seen worse places in Philly. So yeah.

Yo Sharpie. Go in your bathroom and look in the mirror. You see that reflection you still got? You're welcome.

For a cynical ass like me this is pretty cool to hear