• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Squigly Combo Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any applications for Liver Mortis?
I just don't know why I should use it.

Its a good move to keep your ground chain safe, also good ender to combos.

Anyway here's a video of me practicing Squigly combos, on youtube I left a comment with timestamps at where I actually land the combos if you want to skip straight to them.

21ae8tc.jpg

Alright, this should be pretty close to max damage at 8.6~8.7k for no meter and lv2 dragon stance. Doesn't work on Double, might or might not whiff at the j.LP for other characters...

cr.LK cr.MK s.HPx2 xx Seria
s.HPx2 xx Seria
cr.MK s.HPx2 xx Seria
cr.MP s.HPx2 xx Chord
s.HK j.MK j.HP -- j.MK typically delayed
j.LK j.MK j.HK -- against lighter characters, only go for three hits of the j.MK
s.LPx2 s.HPx2 xx Seria
j.LP xx HK Divekick
s.LK cr.MK cr.HP xx One Inch Punch

Character-specific adjustments may be needed.

Last edited:
Its a good move to keep your ground chain safe, also good ender to combos.

Anyway here's a video of me practicing Squigly combos, on youtube I left a comment with timestamps at where I actually land the combos if you want to skip straight to them.

next time include the "time stamps" on here :p im sure some probably cant goto youtube at work. Great stuff though :) like i said in my comment on youtube, backdash and finish w/c.mp to bait undizzy and youll be golden.

My corner BnB w/Filia assist Combo: 1:08

My midscreen solo BnB Combo: 3:38

Midscreen solo BnB w/o Jp.mk and jp.hp: 4:08

Midscreen BnB w/ Filia Assist: 4:31

Solo Corner Combo with qcf.Lk leaving u time to charge ur stances again: 5:15

Solo Corner Combo just with Jp.mk and jp.hp: 5:40

The last combo I'm trying to do is the same just trying to end with silver cord into pushing daisys super. Timing is strict and just gave up since ten minute limit on youtube also a Filia combo.

Didnt know timestamps worked on other websites beside youtube I'm in the dark when it comes to uploading anything to youtube.

Thanks for the tip about the c.mp, I'll give that a try when I jump on again also thanks for putting the timestamps for me.

Didnt know timestamps worked on other websites beside youtube I'm in the dark when it comes to uploading anything to youtube.

Thanks for the tip about the c.mp, I'll give that a try when I jump on again also thanks for putting the timestamps for me.

my bad i meant c.hp/c.hk - either works and hk has a noticeably longer range, but c.hp reaches just as far, but is multihit, meaning it'll reach eff w/people's minds.

Here's a video I recorded of the burst bait popularized by Luweewu. Lots of options to get into/reset after this one. Very nice.

Reactions: Luweewu

This should work on pretty much everyone, forgot to test double but I assume it works cause there isn't anything really special in it. Hardest thing is on small characters getting timing for divekick. If someone knows the 9k no charge combo for 1 meter and could post it that would be great!

Burstfinites are a thing now.

Double
Midscreen:
...s.LK, s.HPx2 sx
s.MP(1), s.HPx2 sx
s.LP, s.MP(2), s.HPx2 sx
s.LP BURST
s.HPx2 sx...
Repeat

You can swap the s.MP(1) and s.LK if you want (or swap s.LK with c.LK); works the same.

Corner:
Setup if at closest range. If not you can go right into the burstfinite loop.
(s.LP, s.MP(2), s.HPx2 sx) x2
s.LP BURST
s.HPx2 sx

...s.LP, s.MP(2), s.HPx2 sx
s.LP BURST
s.HPx2 sx
s.LP, s.MP(1), s.HPx2 sx
s.LP BURST...
Repeat

You have to alternate the amount of hits s.MP does per rep or you'll fall out of the loop (like I did at the end).

Fortune
Midscreen:
s.LK, s.MP(2), s.HPx2 sx
s.LP, s.MP(2), s.HPx2 sx
s.LP BURST
s.HPx2 sx

...s.LK, s.MP(1), s.HPx2 sx
s.LP, s.MP(2), s.HPx2 sx
s.LP BURST
s.HPx2 sx...
Repeat

Corner:
(s.LP, s.MP(2), s.HPx2 sx) x2
s.LP BURST

...s.MP(1), s.HPx2 sx
s.LP, s.MP(2), s.HPx2 sx
s.LP BURST
s.HPx2 sx...
Repeat

You have to alternate the amount of hits s.MP does per rep or you'll fall out of the loop (like I did at the end).

Requires Seria charge, a well-spaced s.LP, and a mash-happy Double or Fortune.

Was fun to figure out and is good for practicing stancels.

Pull these off in a match and become the greatest player of all time.

Last edited:
Even though it costs four meter, I'm sure this could be of some use here.

Even though it costs four meter, I'm sure this could be of some use here.
looks nice...but there are more stylish combos doing the same and such :/ but nice one still :)

I was playing around with j.mp > fallen woman in the corner to see if it was a valid thing to do and well...

Works Cerebella/Peacock and Filia so far. Haven't tested it with the rest of the cast yet.

Last edited:
looks nice...but there are more stylish combos doing the same and such :/ but nice one still :)
Danke, I've still not gotten the hang of Seria cancels, but I guess that's why I came here in the first place. :P

btw i posted this in the tips thread so sorry if it's not quite in the right section, but this does have to do quite a bit with divekicks and stance canceling...actually to be honest the entire video is just about that, so here's the video I made yesterday after finally deciding to post some other stuff i found so you don't have to watch me do it in streams for the example.

Not a combo but a tip...
:QCF:+ Assist = instant stance cancel.
(Not sure if this knowledge is here yet but posting in case it'll help someone with combos for this thread.)

Not a combo but a tip...
:QCF:+ Assist = instant stance cancel.
(Not sure if this knowledge is here yet but posting in case it'll help someone with combos for this thread.)
oh yeah ive been doing that too and it realllly works nice for throw assists (painwheel actually has a really nice throw range).

A simple bnb with decent damage I been doing is

cLK cMK HPx2 Lv2 cancel MK HK
jMK (2) jHP
jLK jMK jHK (all hits corner only) MK dive
LKx2 MK HK
jLP jMK jHK (all hits corner only) MK dive
LPx2 MP HPx2 Silver chord Daisy pusher
7.5k damage corner, 7.3 mid screen, 1 meter.

After the daisy pusher you can do a burst bait with cHP or cHK, I prefer HK. I just rinse and repeat. It does require you have charged stance but thats not all that hard to get if you play a team. If you don't play a team, cLK cMK cHK for knock down and then charge backdash away? It seems like a decent BNB but I'm sure its been done long before me.

Last edited:
Alright, here's mine. Technically this costs two meters, but you build up so much that you can start it way earlier:

c.LK > s.MK > s.HP~HP > Silver Chord > Daisy Pusher > c.MK > s.HK > j.MK > j.HP > j.LK > j.MK > j.HK > MK Fallen Woman > s.LK > s.MK > s.HK > j.LP > j.MK > j.HK > HK Fallen Woman > c.HP > Arpeggio > LKMK Battle Opera > s.LP~LP > s.MP > s.HP~HP > Tremolo

Does about 8k or so. Works on everyone, but it can be kind of finicky on another Squigly.

Can we put resets here..? Cuz that's what I just made... *hides*
(Requires Butt Slam)

Can someone help me ? What would be the optimal combos to go for after hitting with Throw or Daisy Pusher ?

Can we put resets here..? Cuz that's what I just made... *hides*
(Requires Butt Slam)

the reset for your combo requires butt slam lol but the grab is something anyone can do. I did a video on it a couple days ago actually in the tips/tricks thread. but very nice. love the center stage swag.

@PandaGirlBingo hmmmm well to be general for now until i answer later, doing the jump "loops" for squigs works off HK Divekick best, or seria cancel burst bait...and for daisy pusher, honestly any combo would work that is optimized normally :p ill try to give a real answer later. making a video right now actually

I don't know if anyone's discovered this, but this is some secret tech I've been keeping from everyone. With the new IPS, I figured it was about time to show my hand.

Reactions: Rakurin
I've been doing that combo for months. Secret tip: Double-tap the LPs for two extra hits.

Reactions: Zidiane
I don't know if anyone's discovered this, but this is some secret tech I've been keeping from everyone. With the new IPS, I figured it was about time to show my hand.
is this a joke.............or something....that im not a part of?

is this a joke.............or something....that im not a part of?
Just a joke, lol. I found it funny that it's possible.

Just to stop people from skipping over it since they care about Squiggly, frame data for stancels was posted in the tech thread.

Just a joke, lol. I found it funny that it's possible.
Ohhh! lol...honestly i was like....ummmmm ?_?'' I don't get it...lol but anyways i did know that but dont really use it of course.

But anyways, here's a video I made with some combos I use occasionally when im not being boring. It doesn't have a thumbnail, music, or text because I was very tired and just wanted to put it up, so here it is!

Question: are stance cancels REALLY important for a squigly player? i usually don't use them, but want to,

Basically, yes. Though you can get by with 1~2 stance cancels per combo, using none means you're not properly taking advantage of how the damage scaling works.

Even if you never use a single stance cancel in a combo, they're still super useful for pressure, resets and keeping yourself safe.

ok thank you, i will put some stancles in now, and also my original squigly combo has been destroyed by the new undizzy, any ideas on were i could start?

Status
Not open for further replies.