• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam avatars in Quick Match

Muro

Dazed Muro Announcer
Reaction score
Steam
StopMuroTime
Peacock Big Band Beowulf
What the title says. Was it ever considered to show Steam avatars in quick matches, say during character select?

Always thought a feature like that would make your opponent feel more human, among other things.

But then I can't pretend to be someone else online.

Reactions: Icky
I just wish there was an easy way to send messages, that's one thing i miss about consoles.
Adding someone to your friendlist then typing is 1600% easier than manoeuvring through the terrible PSN menu and then using the on-screen keyboard with pad/stick..

But then I can't pretend to be someone else online.
You'd need to change your val bnb if you wanted to do that.

wouldnt this defeat the purpose of having anonymity in the quick matches?

There is anonymity in quick matches?

Adding someone to your friendlist then typing is 1600% easier than manoeuvring through the terrible PSN menu and then using the on-screen keyboard with pad/stick..

Eh. not really. No one ever sends me messages on steam whereas on consoles its a huge part of FG's.
It would be nice if there was a "recent players" list or something.
More of a Steam issue rather than SG though... I don't think theres anything Mike could do about that.

It would be nice if there was a "recent players" list or something.
There is.
Shift+Tab -> view players -> recent games