• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Strange graphics glitch

Blackwolf1945

Reaction score
Steam
Blackwolf1945
Cerebella Squigly
Hi, sorry if this is addressed in a big post somewhere, this is my first time here. When playing I seem to get a very strange graphics glitch which makes the background black with weird lines moving about and the characters are very buggy in appearance, the problem goes away if I get out of the window and back in again (I play on fullscreen so I have to task manager out of it) but it makes the game very unplayable until I do and this is quite a bit of time in the middle of a fight where I cannot play and it happens rather frequently. Is there anything I can do to help this issue?
Running an Nvidia GeForce 710M if that helps

Examples (not 100% how to put these here so I hope I've done alright)
4B90792855F04220B73BC04E9E360B725231BD1E

1024x575.resizedimage

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 790
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 606
Reactions: MysteriousJ
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but I Think The First One is something to do with 3D Backgrounds, I Think That Can Just Be Fixed by setting backgrounds to 2D.
The Bottom one on the other hand is just confusing, I'd think that could be related to overheating Maybe? I Dunno.

EDIT:Well, Now that you mention It that first picture Is Sexy In the scariest way.

Last edited:
You're probably going to have to share more information about your rig.

You should at least give your OS version and processor as well as the version of the driver for the GeForce that you are using. Might also want to share the exact setup/config of Skullgirls that you're running

Of course, don't know how I managed to neglect adding more rig info
Runing Windows 8.1 64 bit on an Intel i5-3337U with 6 GB of RAM, Driver version 337.88 (If you need more info let me know :) )

As for the setting's I'm running it on I don't know what info I can provide other than I'm using 3D Background at 1366x768 (my resolution) fullscreen. Although I will try running 2D for a while to see if that helps :)

That's a new one on me.

If I had to guess it's that your graphics card driver is leaving some register in a weird state, because the 3d background code is not the best. Do you have latest drivers?

I kinda feel like this is an overheating issue...
Looking at your gpu model, I assume you're on a laptop. Does it take a while before the errors start happening? Does alt-tabbing (possibly dropping the load from the gpu, letting it cool down) fix the problem for a while or not very long at all?

This seems to describe the issue pretty well, it takes a while to happen but then does so frequently and alt tabbing stops it for a little bit but then it just happens again.

On a happier note, I haven't seen the issue using 2D backgrounds which is nice but it's a shame as the 3D ones are soo pretty.

man, just take fortune away and you could sell that as modern art
Even with fortune in it you can sell it as modern art (then get sued for selling fortune as your own)

OR sell it and give half of the money to lab zero, so they can make Annie and DDB will want to marry you

sometimes glitches result with such weirdly cool things
man, just take fortune away and you could sell that as modern art
actually, as it is now, it looks like an episode of Madoka.

Reactions: Rynozilla
actually, as it is now, it looks like an episode of Madoka.
Reminded me of the ending of 2001: A Space Odyssey