• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Teach ME! MR. Mike Z! (In-game tutorial request)

IPS Tutorial? Yes or NO?

• Total voters

CapnWTF

reroreroreroREROREROREROroREroroRERORo
Reaction score
Steam
CapnWTF
XBL
CapnWTF
Big Band Parasoul
Uh hey, Capn here. I'm not really new to Skullgirls or this forum for that matter, but with the recent upgrades done to both the Z engine and the IPS system I'm a little lost, and I assume that I'm not the only one.
This thread is to discuss a tutorial on the IPS and some of the smaller system mechanics to be put in the game for people to look at. What do you guys think? What should be included, and is there anything giving you trouble in the game? Mind you, I'm not talking about character specific systems like Squigly's Aria cancels, but things like UnDizzys, stun limits, the IPS and what the game considers to be an infinite, and the lab mindset for this game.

Got a tutorial for everything else, don't we? Don't see why an IPS/Undizzy one would be left out.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
They should update the tutorial to include lessons on IPS and Undizzy for complete beginners. It saves me the trouble of trying to explain Undizzy to new players, since I'm not the best at teaching (That and translating English fighting game terms to Russian is rather difficult for me personally).

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Please have chibi mike Z teach us
TeachMeMikeZ.png

You rang?

Last edited:
It saves me the trouble of trying to explain Undizzy to new players, since I'm not the best at teaching (That and translating English fighting game terms to Russian is rather difficult for me personally).
How wondrous it would be if beginners in this game didn't care about Undizzy

Reactions: Hyperaxe1

Please have this little guy standing in the "Class Notes" stage instead of Mrs. Victoria once she gets in. (Or right now, let there be a 50% chance that he is there instead of her).

I gotta say this would be a good feature to implement as with all the changes to the system its very hard to explain how things work to my friends anymore and some of them have trouble understanding certain terms so it would be great to have a tutorial on this.

While amusing, how about vocal tracks and a Chibi Ms. Victoria for it instead.