• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Skullgirl

Caleb

Savage Bypass
Reaction score
Steam
Von_Kalev
Cerebella Robo Fortune
Well, this thread is about The Skullgirl as a being. I was reading some stuff around here and got a few questions. Like, what determines the physical appearance of the Skullgirl?

The aesthetics are very interesting. Clearly, the common theme is death. They look like living corpses, but they're not necessarily 'dead' when they wish upon the Skullheart, right?

Selene has a very imposing appearance, with those skulls floating around, the big skeletal arms and red eyes. Could this be a twisted materialization of being protective? She wished for Squigly to be safe, so the Skullheart made her a big, scary Skullgirl.

Queen Nancy looks scary as hell, I mean, she doesn't looks like a skeleton but I think she has the looks of a living dead. More flesh on her bones, red eyes, and I wonder if those fires are the result of some powers. She wished for peace, so the Skullheart turned her into a being so powerful and destructive that the nations joined forces to take her down. It looks like she remained her original appearance to some extent, I wonder why.

Marie wished for revenge against the Medicis, right? Starting for the slave traders from Rommelgrand. If I'm not mistaken she was wounded by the slave traders, so her Skullgirl appearance shows her ribs as a sign of mutilation. The skulls and weapons made of bones are very aggressive, so I think they fit the revenge theme.

Then, their powers. All of them have control over the undead and seem to be very tough. It took three nations to take down Queen Nancy. We don't know who defeats Marie in the canon, but we know that both Lab 0 and Lab 8 were working on high-tech weapons to destroy Skullgirls.
During the fight against Marie, she summons undead mobsters, skeletons and seems to move some of them telekinetically. I guess all of them were able to do this.
Queen Nancy might've been able to use pyromancy? That would be a real challenge for armies from three nations.

So I think we still don't know much about the Skullgirls. What do you think?

Reactions: MooseHogBro