• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The thread where user NutellaCrepes posts things that somehow qualify as "art".

NutellaCrepes

no hope in this place....
Reaction score
Website
mysterygays.tumblr.com
Steam
fashionablefidelious
Filia
I honestly don't think my art is worthy of its own thread, I just don't want to cloud up the General Fanart Discussion thread with it
I have a drawing that I'm gonna post, but I'm on mobile and I'm having problems with it, so I'm going to make another post

image.jpg
So, to kick off this thread I made this drawing of Painwheel that I'm really proud of
It's kind of a redraw from the scene in Val's ending
I just need to draw the Buer blades but other than that I'm really proud of it and I might color it

So after recently replaying Style Savvy: Trendsetters, I got the idea to make outfits for the characters of Skullgirls. Here's one I made for Filia, I'll post a picture of what the actual outfit looks like later (I need to get it off of my 3DS.)
20140404_103338.jpg

Reactions: southpawper
You need to work on anatomy and facial structure, but you've definitively got something going here. You're very good at circles, which may not sound like much of a compliment but it's a very important skill to have. I feel that you're good at drawing the finer details in general, looking at most of your works.

Also I saw those Craigslist posts on Skullgirls Personals. I thought they were very funny.

Reactions: NutellaCrepes
You need to work on anatomy and facial structure, but you've definitively got something going here. You're very good at circles, which may not sound like much of a compliment but it's a very important skill to have. I feel that you're good at drawing the finer details in general, looking at most of your works.

Also I saw those Craigslist posts on Skullgirls Personals. I thought they were very funny.
Yeah, I've never actually sat down and studied references for anatomy and such, though I really should. And I am kinda a perfectionist when it comes to smaller details. Thank you for the kind words and constructive criticism!

as celebration for getting out of hell have my first serious attempt at the coat of instruments himself

this is mostly for my waifu whos been wanting me to draw big band 5ever and the text is based off one of her file names (im pretty sure you all know who he's talking about)

bb.jpg
bb1.jpg

Reactions: jam1220
I think It's first off best for you to practice out your anatomy and prespective a bit.
You really want to go and read some books on those things.Perspective far most,because perspective Is upmost Important as a beginner and an experienced artist.But almost every beginning art book covers perspective,and I recommend for you to read upon Andrew Loomis (you can just easily download a pdf of his books) and 'Perspective made easy'.With that,just practice perspective.It will most probably be Intimidating at first,but It's just a matter of practice and you'll get the hang of It.Don't be afraid of perspective.

Anatomy + Proportions Is also the thing you want to look up.The Skullgirls art team Is a team of fantastic and creative people,truly,but that's mostly because they got the hang of such things and understand how to make things pretty,yet acceptable In terms of anatomy for example.Sure,not always realistic (A.E. Filia having such a thin waist yet such big thighs,contradicting each other enormously,making It pretty In the concept) but still not crossing the borders of what Is still anatomy and what Is basically just creating something that doesn't makes sense.Thing Is,to know those borders you first off know the basics of anatomy,and that also has to do with knowing what looks realistic and different styles.

While on that topic,you maybe want to check different styles too.The more you understand how styles differentiate from each other,other then "they look different",the more you will be understanding one style.
Basically,by understanding Blue you know In sometimes understand more about Red,and you also have more general knowledge about styles,which Is a pretty cool thing too.

By the way,I'm still a beginner myself,and whatever I might say could be wrong (could It actually be for someone to have such big thighs?),but I just wanna help out for all I can.