• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Warframe Thread

FiliaRage

Reaction score
Steam
Keyrin1
PSN
Kelbidrome7
XBL
BlackKnight970
Filia Ms. Fortune Big Band
I popped in a quick search on the gaming forum for Warframe, and I didn't really see one. If there is, feel free to redirect me, but if not, here it is. General Warframe discussion is the name of the game here.

Of course, feel free to drop your ingame name and what you're running on :P

Bear in mind that there'll be some disconnect between PC and console players due to DE not synchronizing their patches.
Not to say they it's necessarily bad: They tend to catch the more...serious bugs on PC before said patches go live on console, so I'd say it's a decent tradeoff.

That said, obligatory Liset UI whining here.

Wait, the console version of Warframe can crossplay with PC players?

Nope! What I meant by not synchronizing patches means that you're gonna be on a totally different version depending on what version you're playing.

Besides, Microsoft and Sony wouldn't like that.

WarFarm

This is too true.

Also, I thought as much. But I only occasionally play Warframe when my friend lets me use his PS4, so I figured that it would still be fun to discuss since I didn't see a Warframe thread.

You guys running pc what's your ranks ?? I'm good on running stuff love helping and just playing and farming the galaxy :D

As a person who has a BIG resistance to repetitiveness... (yay Dynasty Warriors) I have great fun with this game. :D

Almost 500 hours played, currently rank 11. I'm having great fun with the new Bloodrayne inspired bladed tonfas at the moment... And I can't wait for Archwing. I am quite amazed how much this game is growing. Especially for a F2P.

This is also the only F2P game I have actually spent some money on. These guys really deserve it in my opinion.

Reactions: ArchangelOfFate
I dont want to write a speech about it so ill just sum it down to this:

False Choice, you have a shit load of mods but only a few matter for maximum DPS efficiency.

The only mods i like are the corrupted ones that give you bonuses at the change of some drawbacks, theres actually a choice to make when MODIFYING your loadout rather than UPGRADING it.

Also reminds me of other things i dislike like the level scaling system (one shot everything or do 0 damage) , the Melee system (pretty animations but otherwise worthless), the weapons stats (High RoF + Crit chance /damage is King), the Frames abilities (Iron Skin, Hysteria, Battle Cry, Super Jump etc) and Stats (Armor), The Damage system (Burden of knowledge by having the memorize an elemental damage chart), The enemies (they dont offer true variety in the gameplay, for example an enemy that can only be damaged by a weak spot, promoting snipers usage) and other shit i cant recall right now

Overall the game is fun but has many problems that prevent it from being amazing and what keeps people interested is the endless Carrot on Stick grind fest it has (same shit Borderlands has)

Did Melee 2.0 happen yet.

all melee 2.0 did was allow you to switch to your melee weapon and use cool looking attacks that dont rly do anything different from the basic E attack

:^(. That was the one thing that would have enhanced my like of the game, considering the melee part is like, too much fun.

ah well. reinstalling anyways

Oh the animations are dope but you have to obtain the Stance mod to be able to use them (its like an aura mod that gives your weapon a set of animations)

I might have a few extra stance mods, just make me know what weapon you want to use and ill check.

Dude don't lie about Melee 2.0 cause it made melee far more viable. Melee weapons got around 2.0x more damage plus sometimes very powerful combos (Broken Bull on Heavy Swords kills everything) it also allows you to deflect bullets for more defense and charge your weapon with energy for even greater damage.

Oh and we can't forget that the more you attack with said melee weapon the higher damage multiplier you get. Melee 2.0 did a lot of good.

Shame the Mod system sucks so much

I don't really have much of a problem, unless you mean the way it's laid out in update 14, then I guess I kinda do. I liked how it was set out in update 13 better, but hey, what are you gonna do.

Well as he said in his very next post it's about pretty much one build being perfect for everything. :P Which might be a bit of exagaration.

You can build a weapon under specific enemy type (Grineer, Corpus or Infested) or under all equally. Some weapons require critical build and some are great with Status Effect builds. I also saw many interesting builds for Warframes like Power Streangh, Energy Consumpsion, Power Duration or Range. But I will admit that just putting in damage and elemental mods mostly suffices but there ARE better builds.

And I love the chill of going to Vault Hunts to get that one special mod that will make that one special weapon far more deadly. (For me it was Heavy Caliber on Ignis)

Oh, right, my bad. Well, I typically try to make sure my damage hurts all, and crit is nice on almost anything, especially if the weapon's DPS is really high. My Warframe mods typically consist of Vitality and Redirection, and any other nice little mods. But yeah, I agree with you, I love going on those intense hunts for mods and parts.

When you play Defense or survival againts lvl 80+ enemies, the more powerfull builds/ tools will stand out, at lvl 30 or lower you can beat be a threat with a MK1 Braton, but since most missions consists of lvl 30 or lower enemies, you can build / use what ever you want.

Personally i wished warframe didnt have such a dramatic lvling / modding system, the game is hard just because the enemies are numerically superior than you, and other wise its a breeze. I mainly play it when i want to Chill.

Honestly, I just play Loki, drop down a decoy, go invisible, and cut everything down since Loki gets bonus melee damage when invisible. The only downside is that Loki can't really take a hit.

Loki is a rly good frame, all his abilities are super usefull and you dont even have to build any health/ shields on him since enemies will never see you, you only need a bit of awareness to stay away from enemies with AoE abilities and you´ll be fine

That's typically why I keep the Redirection and Vitailty mods on. For when I'm either out of energy, or when the AoEs are flying everywhere.

if you have Flow and the Energy Regen aura you´ll be fine, i think i have extra ones if you need em

Also if you need to GTFO you can put a decoy somewhere safe and Switch teleport with it

That's typically what I do. I love how you can be very creative with Loki and his powers instead of just using his powers to straight up murder enemies like with some other frames.

I personally don't go for flow but Streamline and Fleeting Expertise to get that 75% reduction. Makes regenerating much easier.

considering how often you spam your abilities, Flow is rly nice too

I switch my warframe around a lot lol if someone needs help farming materials I go neckros but other then that I level the rest

i think i have all the frames maxed besides the 4 newests ones which got super anoying to obtain.

Reactions: ArchangelOfFate
I just noticed in my post I mistyped melee for stealth.

oops.

Is that for all versions?

Yep. Here's something handy.

This is pretty damn amazing for XB1 considering Vauban has been very tricky to get a hold of for both PS4 and PC.

EDIT: And again, I am very sorry for not posting this yesterday. You might ask, why?
Because the rewards for yesterday were two Kubrow mods and a Kubrow egg. Link Health isn't that difficult to get and not everyone likes to raise kubrows, but Kubrow Eggs are very RNG, and the Bite mod that was also a reward is the hardest Kubrow mod to get.

Last edited:
Not sure, but they're really OP when compared to the sentinels.

I should Nekros' Number 4 Power this thread until it lives eternally as a glowing thread of 'no one is interested in this game'.
Anyways, has anyone on the forum played this game? It's really awesome on PC with the new updates that are released recently.
and also, Ignore Panthera, it's just a weird weapon as it stands right now.

Ignore Panthera, it's just a weird weapon as it stands right now.

Need... that... Mastery... Fodder.

Talking about Nekros, he got nicely buffed recently. I didn't use him after the buff yet, but I can see him being useful in battle now.

Also the newest Warframe will be a Dragon Frame. :D The name alone is enough for everyone to jump on it.

Last edited:
So, speculations on which characters from Skullgirls should be whatframe. (The worst pun ever.)
1. Filia as Oberon (Most balanced and basic.)
2. Cerebella as Nyx (Cerebellum? Mind Control?)
3. Parasoul as Mesa (She can bring a gun into a sword fight.)
4. Double as Trinity (Geddit?)
5. Valentine as Ash (Just your stereotypical ninja, except with a glorious 36E chest.)
6. Painwheel as Valkyr (We have ALex AhAD V experimenting on her during her days at Lab Zero on Themisto Sector, Rommelgrad)
7. Peacock as Mirage (Both are mischievous, and who wouldn't wanna see Peacock's disco ball?)
8. Ms. Fortune as Loki (Elusive. Oooooooh.)
9. Squigly as Banshee (Both of them fight with sound.)
10. Big Band as Rhino (Rhino Stomp = Big Band's level 3 Super.)
11. Eliza as Saryn (Only a drag queen brings heels into a gunfight.)
12. Robo Fortune as Loki Prime (Ofc. all robots are better than their normal counterpart in DE Logic.)
13. Beowulf as Excalibur (The Skana and I are getting married~. Isn't that right, Skana? The Skana says yes.)
14. Leviathan as Limbo (Here we go again with the Gijinka Levi assumptions.)
15. Samson as Hydroid (Samson uses his tentacles to fight, though this is totally unrelated.)
16. Adam as Vauban (Tactics, maggot, use it!)
17. Sekhmet as Frost (Replace the ice with blood and you're good to go.)
18. MARIE AS NEKROS. (She's a Skullgirl that uses corpses from previously fallen soldiers to fight, and those soldiers can use guns.)
19. Minette as Lotus (Sentient being who does not combat others directly, but instead focus on bringing balance to Sol.)
Any more Ideas?