• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Umbrella and The Skull Heart

Coco

Reaction score
Fukua Peacock Robo Fortune
Hi to everyone! This is 1st thread I made. I have a question about Umbrella. In Parasoul's story, Umbrella (Salty Princess) followed Marie because she thinks that her mom (Queen Renoir) is back. How is the Skull Heart doing this?

Reactions: Skullgirlsfanboy
I think Umbrella just went a little crazy at that moment.
Renoir was still pregnant with Umbrella while she was a Skullgirl so there's a deep connection there.

Hi to everyone! This is 1st thread I made. I have a question about Umbrella. In Parasoul's story, Umbrella (Salty Princess) followed Marie because she thinks that her mom (Queen Renoir) is back. How is the Skull Heart doing this?
I think it's because their mom was pregnant with Umbrella while she had the Skullheart. Thusly said, I think Umbrella was feeling the presence of the Skullheart, and associating it with her mom.

Welcome to Skullheart, by the way!:PUN:

Reactions: ink_deer
I just assume Umbrella is an idiot.

I just assume Umbrella is an idiot.
actually, by her comprehension levels and grammar/scentence formation, I'd say she's quite the opposite, Jimbob!

Mod Edit - Removed off topic conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah because saying cereal instead of serious makes you a genius, I didn't know you spent years studying the english language, psychology, and human behavior.

Yeah because saying cereal instead of serious makes you a genius, I didn't know you spent years studying the english language, psychology, and human behavior.
Over all, she's quite intelligent, however. How old is she, anyways? That aside, her status as salt princess alone proves her intelligence.

And no, psychology's more my mom's thing, I just know how to manipulate people.
But being homeschooled, I've been to a few lectures on what inspires genius in children, and Umbrella exhibits those traits, primarily the fact that the majority of her friends are not her age (friends meaning Parasoul's group), which makes the child a better speaker, and smarter to boot.

(Stop trying to test my know-how, Jimbob, I'll get you every time!... Except math.)

Mod Edit - Removed off topic conversation

Last edited by a moderator:
How pretenses are you? Did you just say what mommy dearest told you? How does her beng salt prove intelligence? Does that make Johnny Sanchez a genius? How do you know anything about her except from like four scenes?

Reactions: GNR
Guys, come on now...

Anyhow, the reason Umbrella is following the Skull Heart is due to the fact that Queen Renoir was pregnant with her while she was the SkullGirl.
Umbrella was born with SkullGirl blood, so whenever she's near the heart, her blood resonates with its power.
That being said, she doesn't recognize it as the SkullHeart during that time. She recognizes it as her mother, Queen Renoir.
That is why she is drawn to it.

Guys, come on now...

Anyhow, the reason Umbrella is following the Skull Heart is due to the fact that Queen Renoir was pregnant with her while she was the SkullGirl.
Umbrella was born with SkullGirl blood, so whenever she's near the heart, her blood resonates with its power.
That being said, she doesn't recognize it as the SkullHeart during that time. She recognizes it as her mother, Queen Renoir.
That is why she is drawn to it.
Hey, Donny! (Can I call you that?) how're ya doin?
How pretenses are you? Did you just say what mommy dearest told you? How does her beng salt prove intelligence? Does that make Johnny Sanchez a genius? How do you know anything about her except from like four scenes?
actually, yes. Saying what mommy tells you to is a good idea, Jimbob, as it encourages good behavior. The fact that Umbrella CAN be salt (more specifically, the ability to retort) is a sign of intelligence. No need to get snippy, Jimbob, or I'll compliment you, just like D'zen, because evidently my compliments are... Deadly! Da da daaaaaaa!!!

But true, we don't really know much about Umbrella as of now.

Oh lawd.

Yep, was gonna say what Don Flamenco said. Don't know what else to say except Umbrella is one of my favorite SG characters and I am just as salty as her about her not getting in.

I have removed all the off topic conversation in here. I don't often do that in Lore so this makes me sad.

@Skullgirlsfanboy Stop derailing threads with off topic conversation. I would like to think I am as nice as you said I was above, but I'm getting kind of sick of seeing these tangents everywhere on the site after you enter a thread.

On topic: As said above, Umbrella was conceived while Queen Nancy was becoming the Skullgirl. This means she is at least partially already a skullgirl thanks to her blood connection, and the Skull Heart seems to think this will make her one of the most powerful skullgirls ever.

Someone make some Umbrella Skullgirl art please.

So was Umbrella born before the Queen went full-on skullgirl, during, or after? Because that birthing must've sucked.

Maybe the Skull Heart gave her an extra time juat like Filia so she can gave birth to Umbrella first

So was Umbrella born before the Queen went full-on skullgirl, during, or after? Because that birthing must've sucked.

During. If it had been before or after, I don't think the attraction would have been as powerful.
The middle/during stage for a Skullgirl seems to be when she reaches the peak, or when she's truly all-powerful.

What's also interesting to note, is that in Alex's old drafts, apprently Umbrella had great magical potential, which I see being the beta for the Skullgirl blood thing.
But yeah, basically it's the Skullheart doing it's thing and manipulating people.

@Rugratkid See what I mean? Skullheart's great! Sorry if I made your thread go crazy, though... That happens if me and the wrong person show up LOL
I just said to stop derailing thread with off topic conversation. Right in the post you were replying to.

No, don't reply to this. Just god damn stop.

What's also interesting to note, is that in Alex's old drafts, apprently Umbrella had great magical potential, which I see being the beta for the Skullgirl blood thing.
But yeah, basically it's the Skullheart doing it's thing and manipulating people.
I think it's because their mom was pregnant with Umbrella while she had the Skullheart. Thusly said, I think Umbrella was feeling the presence of the Skullheart, and associating it with her mom.

Welcome to Skullheart, by the way!:PUN:

That joke is old now and (umbrella is near) you sir are right

She was sorta born in the halfway point

Attachments

• IMG_20150108_201659.JPG
    IMG_20150108_201659.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 5,694
Last edited:
In a way, yeah, Nancy Renoir was in a halfway point of turning Skullgirl.

There's some misinformation floating in some of the earlier posts in the thread so let's clear the air. Let's go to Double in Parasoul's story mode for closer details for Umbrella's affinity for Skullgirl power:

Double: As you suspected, as your mother carried your sister as she also carried the Skull Heart.
Double: Darling Umbrella is already attuned to the Skull Heart's power, thus she will forge a stronger and more terrifying bond than even that of your mother.
Parasoul: So... it's true. But I won't allow that to happen!

This is how I see the timeline based on info from the game and the canon thread:
  • -14 years: Skullgirl Selene Contiello defeated. Skull Heart's whereabouts unknown
  • somewhere in the next four years: Double gives Skull Heart to Queen Nancy Renoir. She makes her wish and begins the slow transformation into a Skullgirl
  • -10 years: Umbrella born
  • -7 years: transformation complete! Skullgirl Nancy Renoir's rampage begins
When the Queen fully turned Skullgirl, Umbrella was 3 and Parasoul was 18. In the present, the two princesses are 10 and 25.

And now, Filia's story mode ending for insight about Skullgirl transformation:

Skull Heart: Your wish is pure... almost. Healing the broken girl is noble, yet you seek absolution for your forgotten guilt.
Skull Heart: Your transformation will be slow - make the most of it.

Filia is then shown in class, appearing to be normal, other than the occasional spike of pain as she slowly turns into a Skullgirl, which will probably complete in seven years (because, you know, there's this inexplicable 7 years Skullgirl pattern).

I'd like to mention there was this particular character in concept art which for some reason was never mentioned in the game

latest

Does the palette scheme and the eyes remind you of anything?

Cases are 2:

1) She was supposed to happear somewhere until L0's budget went where the saints go marchin' in.
2) Her role was replaced by Umbrella having Skullgirl's blood, probably. If so then this post could be useless. Still, I thought it was worth a mention.

Forget all that I can play as umbrella stuff k :) ;-; (typo + capslock)

Last edited:
Wait, you can't play as Umbrella... but you can play as her STUFF?

Hungern confirmed for SG2

lol why is this thread being revived

because we want to play as umbrellas stuff

D: you have no idea what horrible imagery was just put in my mind ;-;. She is ten!!! (Barfs in a corner)

Leaving behind all that misunderstanding, would that concept character (Aesil) really be related to Umbrella? (canonically speaking)

Also I just realised: Aesil --> Elisa

Reactions: Skittylover228
I thought the concept of magic got erased later on, and thus magical characters would cease to exist.

I thought the concept of magic got erased later on, and thus magical characters would cease to exist.
Magic still exists, it's just not as prevalent in the Canopy Kingdom, it's more of a Chess Kingdom thing now.

Magic trees and the Renoir family, yes, I assume those magic concepts were thrown out, but I assume some magic still exists. In the canon thread it is said that Canopy Kingdom's rival, the Chess Kingdom's technology is primarily based on magic. And Beatrix's Cloak of Damocles is described as being magic in her IGG bio.

would that concept character (Aesil) really be related to Umbrella? (canonically speaking)

That Aesil concept art -- where is it from, exactly? I saw on the wiki on the list of non-canonical characters with this text:

Aesil is a character who only appears in concept art. She is a being from a dreamworld connected to Earth and can summon monsters she created in her mind and control them.

Early concepts suggest she had some kind of connection to Umbrella.

The pic is certainly reminiscent of Hungern. In an alternate universe, perhaps it is a Renoir relative, like a great-great-great grandma or grand aunt that wielded Hungern in the past.

That Aesil concept art -- where is it from, exactly?

It's from one of Alex's old livejournals, I think there should be links in the wiki.