• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Video Game Characters That You Are NEUTRAL Towards

Ruin

Hopes & Dreams
Reaction score
PSN
MobileSuitGolurk
XBL
NNID: MobileSuitGolurk
Big Band Beowulf Big Band
Might as well complete the thread trifecta and invoke the vidya gods to smite the nonbelievers

Sol Badguy

Waitwaitwaitwait. Is this a topic were I list all the characters I don't pariculary care about, so I don't think about them much, so it will be very hard to invoke any of them? Cause I dig that.

That 3rd guy we kill in Half-Life 2.

Squall, whatever.

Ryu, Ken; Ibuki, Sean Matsuda, Makoto (SF3: Third Strike); Dan, Guy (Alpha series): They're too generic, I never found them interesting at all.

Cosmo Faulkner (Hitman Absolution), Gunderson (Tomb Raider: AoD), every driver of Carmageddon: TDR2000...

What have I started? Waiting for "Video Game characters that you are CHAOTIC GOOD towards"

On topic, Painwheel. Metaknight. Rocket Scientists (Pokemon). The guy who sells you stuff in Advanced Wars. Mr. Popo. Harpuia (MMZ).

Last edited:
Reactions: Balder
xcuse u plz stay on the topic
which is Video Game Characters that you are NEUTRAL towards

Reactions: Error Macro
Hitomi, Kokoro, Kasumi.

Note: all of my opinions on this character are of the Sonic '06 version of her. I have not played Sonic Rush, so she may be different in that.

Blaze the Cat.

My feelings towards her are odd, in that I really really like her... but only as a "Sonic character". I believe that if she was in a game by herself, her mediocrity would show. This is because a lot of my positivity towards the character is simply because, in a game where every single other character is terrible, she is completely average... which is more than enough for her to stand out, paradoxically.

When compared to, say, Silver, who she spends most of the game with, Blaze appears to be a really well made character all-around,
but there really isn't anything spectacular about her:

-her voice-actress is okay
-her dialogue is decent
-her level and general gameplay in Sonic '06 was alright
-she doesn't have any real development or personality, but she doesn't have any BAD development or an ANNOYING personality

So I like her... but only because I feel so neutral towards her. o_O

So...
752291-artimg029.jpg

...how many of you hate me already?
Yeah, I fought him. Yeah, I know his personality. Well, technically no, since nobodies aren't supposed to have them, and he apparently is faking it. Which means he's doing it on purpose, faking you out.
I don't know, I just don't care.

SG_DLC_Annie.jpg

So I looked back at Annie's kickstarter descriptions, and I ran into why I still don't actually like her.
I barely know anything about her.
Not about what's happened to her, her her.
I mean, her descriptions give one emotion, sternness, to her character. That's not good.
"She was wished to be a child forever." Okay, how does she feel about it?
"She appears in a children's TV show." Okay, how does she feel about it?
"She's super old and is a seasoned fighter." That's nice, how does it affect her personality?
"Her eye is connected to her parasite Sagan." Okay, how does she feel about it?
That's her entire description, and I don't care about speculation. I just want to know her.

The thing about me is that to make a character likable, you have to make them a character.
Actions speak louder than words, but it certainly

It's like aliens describing our planet, but really only describing our moon.
"It's something that affects the Earth quite often."
"How does it affect the Earth?"
"Next question!"

I honestly think I'll like Annie when she comes out, but now she's just blankity blankity blank.

And many, many, many other characters.

everyone not on the other 2 threads.

you can close this now.

wakka
I like the part where he's a flawed character I like the part where he's fighting with a sports ball I like his outfit I like he's voice by bender
but I don't like ffx

most mc of fighter games.never use them but never hated them either

NPCs in MMOs.

I don't care about your story, just give me your quest and/or loot!

Reactions: jam1220
play guild wars 2...

it's an MMO W-I-T-H P-L-O-T!
you can easily love some npcs (and hate others... god, how i wanna kill scarlet briar)

Ashley from Resident Evil 4
I know that people complain about her being a whiny character which she is. And she does get kidnapped a lot , which she does. But I found that through general good gameplay she only got yoinked by the enemies during cutscenes, and her voice wasn't that grating to me. Maybe it's because I'm used to B movie damsels, but I didn't find myself getting angry at her nor did I find her "charm" enough to win me over.

Okay... So If I harbor both an intense love and hatred for a character at the same time, does it balance out toward being neutral? Because I think I can list a few characters that I am violently neutral about.