• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Weird Ending Glitch

Skibby1225

Reaction score
Steam
skppy1225
PSN
skppy1225
Ms. Fortune Filia Painwheel
Hey, guys! I'm relatively new to the world of Skullgirls. I just picked the game up about a month ago, and I gotta say I've been loving it ever since.

Anyway, my desktop isn't really up to par and doesn't run the game too well, so I figured I'd pick up the PS3 version as well. I got it as soon as possible. Anyway, I was playing the game on my PS3 today and I ran into a really nasty bug. I had been playing through Painwheel's story mode, and everything was fine up until the fight with Marie. During the last few seconds, I KO'd her. However, at almost the same time, I got hit with a move that KO'd Painwheel. I want to say that I KO'd Marie first, but I could be wrong. It looked like I did. Anyway, the game proceeded to Painwheel's ending as normal... only the ending stopped about halfway through. No dialogue boxes appeared and I couldn't advance the story. I pressed almost every button, but nothing. The only way I could leave was to open the XMB and quit the game. I don't know if the two things are related, but it seems as though they could be. It just seemed too coincidental that this happened, when I'd played the story mode before without a problem.

Sorry if this problem has already been reported. I searched the forums but couldn't find anything.

Yeah, it would be a pretty huge coincidence for a rare event to happen (Double KO in the boss fight), immediately followed by a glitch from a sequence that follows it. There are a few known issues with the PS3 version as well, so I doubt it's a problem at your end.

I know of only one man who can tell us the truth, though...