• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Why do I exist?

What is the purpose of my existence?
Is it bad that I legit ask myself this every day?
EDIT: Wasn't really meant to say that in a bad way.

your existence is to move forward. You exist as a step forward in the human experience. One can not say whether or not the steps you take will send the human race to a better tomorrow or doom us all but they are your steps so you must make sure each and every step you take count with chest held high. Do not devalue your own existence simply because you do not know your purpose
also a variation on that is to make mistakes. You exist to make mistakes so that you can learn from them and be better. And then you pass on that information to others so they to can be better and pass on what they know to others.

I have others but I'm gonna stop now cause I need to be well rested so I don't fall asleep driving my car to work or something...plus I'm pretty sure that didn't make any sense. goodnight

Reactions: pivottester
Am I the only one who never questioned such things?
It comes natural to me to just accept it. I care about is what will I do, not what am I

Reactions: Denizen
If you find a purpose, good for you. If not, don't get sad over it. Instead, embrace the freedom. On a roller coaster you don't focus on the goal, you just enjoy the ride while it lasts. Having as much fun as I can in my limited time works pretty fine for me.

Last edited:
whatever you choose it to be

If you have to ask yourself these kinds of questions, don't just blindly ask a forum. As friendly, and amazing the people on Skullheart are, you shouldn't ask them, as they are, no offense to anyone, random people counting frames on the internet. Ask either a loved one that you trust deeply, or, better yet, ask yourself. Don't just mope around with angst and depression. If you have to ask these questions, ask yourself, and really think about it. A mopey 'I dunno' isn't going to get you anywhere either. Really think, and I think you'll find a satisfying answer, even if it's also a terrifying one.

Why do I exist? Well... To experience a great, satisfying life with the people I adore, and to find peace in doing the things I love. Like playing and discussing video games. Even though that might seem a little, pfft, I dunno, pathetic to an average person on the street, fuck 'em. It makes me happy.

Find your own answer and make it your own. Maybe then you'll find happiness. Good luck.

And that's probably the most serious I will ever be on Skullheart.

To enjoy life while you still can. You only get one ride, so make the most of it.

to eat sleep poop and try not to be bored in the process..with occasional procreation.

Aww, I actually thought this was a Robo-Fortune thread.

Well, I think this is a totally natural question for people to ask themselves. Nothing depressing or mopey about it. Finding our answer to it is a basically what life is y'know, and sometimes we just need to refresh our minds about it. So yeah, go on out there and look for the answers!

Heck, if I was allergic to peanut butter, I'd probably be asking myself this question more often.

Aww, I actually thought this was a Robo-Fortune thread.
Thought it was another of these threads where everyone gotta find a stupid/awesome answer to this question.
Too bad, could have been another opportunity to show off about the fact I perfected Nightmare Marie. Well, I guess my place isn't here then...

Make it whatever you want to be, just :PUN: don't loose your way~

You sound like you need you a purpose. I know what my purpose is. You just need to find yours.

You sound like you need you a purpose. I know what my purpose is. You just need to find yours.
We all need a little Annie in our lives.

Reactions: DDB
Purpose isn't a thing that actually exists. It's a lens that we like to see things through to help understand the world around us, but it isn't real (or, perhaps it's more accurate to say, it's as real as any metaphor).

Nature knows no signified. Only signifier.

We live, for a while. Maybe. Then, we die. "Meaning" never enters the picture.

What is the purpose of my existence?

To lose your virginity.^^

Not joking. Every organism on this planet is built and brought into this world with the aim of surviving long enough to reproduce. The reason we continue to ask this question is because we, collectively as humans, have already mastered survival and reproduction, and now we are bored.^^

Well... belief determines behavior so it depends on what you believe... I personally believe that we were created by God and are accountable to a higher power... and the purpose of our existence is to serve him... or if your athiest your purpose might be to just live and watch the world get old and see generations pass and us evolve... A existence is just a thought of what one was made for... find something that you like alot and strive in it... also i mean it never hurts to ask random people on a forum this because you wont get judged... (well you might but not by people you know) sure you can ask a close friend or loved one and if you do they might (not will they might) label you as depressed or such when your just questioning... but chin up man youll find out what it is sooner or later hopefully... i sometimes even question why do we exist if we just are born, live for a while and return to dust? but yea...

I'm going to reply from a spiritual root, I believe we are born many times and in each life we need to learn a lesson. We are simply here to do something no matter how small or how large but to simply perform whatever task.