• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Youtube supports 60FPS

Mr. X

Groovy
Reaction score
Yep. Record at 720p 60fps or 1080p 60fps, check setting gear and you'll see the option.

Example vid

I know it works in Chrome for sure.

If you want your old vids that were upload in 60FPS/720p or 1080p to have this, force reprocess by going to Enhancements in Video Manager and click "Save" without doing anything.

o sick thanks for the reprocess thing

This some great shit, but I don't get to use it since my computer can't process it.

Only works in Chrome and IE (and probably Safari)...

Yeah and I'm using Firefox. :(

You need the HTML5 plugin.

I was using it, but it started breaking other functions of Youtube for me, like autoplaying playlists. I wish Youtube would just get rid of Flash videos entirely already.

I get error messages when I try to change the video quality to 720p or 1080p.

Using Firefox.

Thanks for the reprocess tip! I was deleting and reuploading like a tool. Glad I only did it to two videos so far..

Looking boss dude. I love it! I still love webm but this is way more convenient.

@gllt Did you record on PC? If so, how were you able to do that? Does the computer need certain specs or something?

@gllt Did you record on PC? If so, how were you able to do that? Does the computer need certain specs or something?

Yes I recorded on PC, I'm sure you need certain specs though I can't tell you what specs you would need as a minimum to record at 60fps but it would be above whatever the requires specs are to run your game at 60fps, look at it this way

Specs to run game at 60fps + specs to record at 60fps = specs you need to record a game running at 60fps at 60fps

I used OBS which does a great job without eating too much resources, try that

I use nvidia shadowplay to record, but the downside to that is...needing an nvidia card.

Reactions: SkullMan
My attempt at 60 FPS

*Edit* Thanks gllt for the words of advice.

Last edited:
i still refuse to use chrome until they allow interface customisation.

will wait for a miraculous plugin in firefox