• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

360 patch won't apply. Wtf??

{Wu-Tang} Garci

Reaction score
This is really beginning to work on my nerves. Even more than something like this usually would, because I've searched and searched and have yet to find anyone who's encountered the same problem (and been vocal about it).

Slightly Different Edition patch. When it came out, I was pumped. Downloaded. It was fine. Recently, my box ate shit, so I switched (using the SAME harddrive). Tell me why every time I launch the game I get that annoying "Need Content Update" message. "Sorry, you need the latest content to play online. Please download the latest content update!"
I've tried to re-download the patch. Nothing. I've tried deleting and re-downloading. Still got the same crap. I've tried deleting SG entirely (as well as the patch and the 7mb title update) and re-downloading it all from scratch. Nothing.
I've confirmed that all of the content is downloaded and is grouped under "Skullgirls". Seems fine from the dashboard, but for some reason, the bloody patch still won't apply. No changes from the patch are present in any way. It's like I don't even have it (the patch) downloaded at all.

It's an older, white 360 with 120gb hdd (my other that died was slightly newer, but same form model). It is a legit copy of SG. Purchased using my hard-earned MS points.

Has anyone had or heard of anyone having the same issue? If so, what was the rectification? Any leads/help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

tl;dr - Launch Skullgirls and it acts like I don't have the patch and TU downloaded (which I know damn well I do). Please help.

Go to your settings and perform a license transfer. Then re-download SG and the patch through that (if its already downloaded, the re-download will only take a few seconds).

Reactions: {Wu-Tang} Garci
Go to your settings and perform a license transfer. Then re-download SG and the patch through that (if its already downloaded, the re-download will only take a few seconds).

Hell yes. I greatly appreciate the tip, BlackHombre. Did it. All's well with it now. Never had to worry about transferring content since I've had the same 360 for years. I'm no longer spouting obscenities and scratching my head about this matter. Kick ass.

Cheers, mate.