• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report 8-15 Salty: Beowulf implemented ingame, Eliza nears completion!

Flotilla

Reaction score
Big Band Big Band Big Band
beo_banner.jpg

Bi-weekly Skullgirls local Salty! brings yet another round of exciting news: All of Eliza's existing frames have been cleaned, and Beowulf's implementation into the game has begun!

Lead designer/programmer Mike Z chimed in regarding Eliza's completion; minus an unimplemented effect for her level 3, the entirety of her frame set is now fully colored, shaded, and ready for the spotlight. Pending the inclusion of Sekhmet/Horace/Albus's voiceovers and other miscellaneous adjustments, Eliza should soon be ready for certification and submission to PSN, XBLA and Steam! Stay tuned in the following weeks.

In an unprecedented display of machismo, Beowulf was demonstrated as a playable ingame character for the first time ever! Possessing no attacks of any kind, he still has quite a few weeks to go before he's ready for the Endless Beta. To keep up on his development, make sure to follow UGC's Twitch channel and tune in every other Friday at 8PM PST. Updates and beta changes are often unveiled there before anywhere else!

To watch this week's Salty!, check out the archive here.

Last edited:
Well,time to get hype.

This man has captured everything I love and hate about modern wrestling
All with that damn backwalk

Can't wait for the floor stomps and excessive fist shaking

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
Don't forget weak moves with long, flashy set ups.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Oh man, I am so hyped for Beowulf! I don't even care for wrestling, but Mr. Wulf here is getting me excited for it!

Beowulf is going to be sooo...almost ordinary/normal compared to the rest of the cast. Well, maybe that's too strong of a word - either way it depends on how he turns out...Regardless, I think it's gonna be quite surreal seeing him in action. Can't wait to see his progress, he'll certainly be the most interesting of all the DLC chars.

Reactions: Smarts
Beowulf is going to be sooo...almost ordinary/normal compared to the rest of the cast. Well, maybe that's too strong of a word - either way it depends on how he turns out...Regardless, I think it's gonna be quite surreal seeing him in action. Can't wait to see his progress, he'll certainly be the most interesting of all the DLC chars.

Somewhat Agree, Hes just some regular human with a chair behind his back?
But Val is just a Nurse Ninja that uses medical equipment for offense.
Still, shes my main character so there's still hope for Beowulf.

Somewhat disagree...Val is not "just a nurse ninja that uses medical equipment for offense" just like Beowulf is not just "some regular human". There's nothing about her that speaks that kind of generic/ordinary-ness (yep that's a made up word). You could say that is her design or whatever, but she has powers that exceed that.

If he has a suplex or a piledriver I'm sold.

Reactions: Jimbob
when's beo's dropkick?
@DeathArcana @guitalex2007 and MAYBE MAYBE get @dragonos451 with it so i can say MY DROPKICK IS BETTER THAN YOUR JMK!
Wrong guy, I'm not into drop kicks.
Should have tagged @Zidiane instead, probably.

Still looking towards beowulf, bella's his biggest fan, so I guess I should be hyped too? Maybe.

Eliza coming out in next week?

Not quite, no. She is almost finished, meaning she will be submitted to the services soon and then follows her release, if everything goes well. I would think a month from now is realistic for her release.

Not quite, no. She is almost finished, meaning she will be submitted to the services soon and then follows her release, if everything goes well. I would think a month from now is realistic for her release.

A little less than that I'd say.

the vid of today's salty is going under processing right now

Reactions: Arcana
Is it that the voice acting needs to be recorded for the rest of the characters related to Eliza or do they just need to be put into the game?

I just realized Salty is every two weeks.
Everything involving this game is two weeks...

A little less than that I'd say.
She is missing 3/4 of her VO, and this patch is going to require real testing. A month is closer to an accurate minimum.

Wow. His forward walk animation reminds me of Zangief's walk. I'm liking it.

MikeZ said:
I messed with a bunch of the art file format because Eliza is now the biggest character. Go having 2 characters inside yourself. Yes, that is correct she's bigger than Big Band overall.

Eliza said:
Deal with it.

Wheeeeeeeeeens pair play mode ;~;
I also hope beowulf moves have some kind of cheer from a hidden audience :O

Please keep it

image.jpg

She is missing 3/4 of her VO, and this patch is going to require real testing. A month is closer to an accurate minimum.
2x2 weeks

That "super do not kill the opponent until the last hit" effect thing is awesome! I hope something like that gets added for the other characters(unless it's not just for Big Band at all and I wasn't paying attention).

@Simon (your post is two quotes, so...)
MikeZ said:
Yes, that is correct she's bigger than Big Band overall.
Eliza said:
Are you calling me fat? ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ

Anyway, I was surprised by Mike's estimative of the missing voice work for Eliza. I know she is but a fourth of the "entourage" but I was under the impression she nonetheless accounted for the considerable majority of the voice files.

tumblr_naeppqPMOu1saxguxo1_500.gif

10/10
WOULD LET HELP ME PARK

Also waiting for inevitable bro down with Slayer.

nice... i can't wait for eliza... to be fully relased

That "super do not kill the opponent until the last hit" effect thing is awesome! I hope something like that gets added for the other characters(unless it's not just for Big Band at all and I wasn't paying attention).
Nah, cuz a lot of supers will trade or whatever so having them not kill until the end is bad news. Taunted SSJ has hella armor and Timpani, well....but doing it to most supers would result in more bad things than good things.

Anyway, I was surprised by Mike's estimative of the missing voice work for Eliza. I know she is but a fourth of the "entourage" but I was under the impression she nonetheless accounted for the considerable majority of the voice files.
Eliza herself doesn't have all her VO yet either, yo.

I love Beowulf's back walk. That is the best thing.

All of the DLC characters so far I thought were going to be utter garbage. But the more I see of the character, the more I really want them in the game. I thought Squigly was going to offer nothing interesting. I thought Big Band was gonna just be a boring, almost token male character. I thought Eliza was going to be boring, and not visually interesting at all. I thought Beowulf was just a bad idea all around. I thought Robo-Fortune was going to be the blandest waste of money possible, but seeing what's there already has me hype.

KEEP PROVING ME WRONG, LAB ZERO! Please and thank you.