• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

A Guide on How to Fight Against Peacock

Sydoh

Silent Dolphin
Administrator
Reaction score
Steam
Sydoh
PSN
worldjem7
Ms. Fortune
PC projectiles.png

Peacock is quite the lean, mean, zoning machine, and she can be difficult to play against with all these projectiles all over the place!
But, not all is lost for I come bearing insight on how to fight peacock and help get in on her ridiculous zoning.

George At The Airshow (236HK, Plane Bomb)
It might not seem like it, but George at the Airshow is nearly the core of Peacock's zoning as it is the only projectile available to her that will travel horizontally in the air in a game where much of the neutral game is played in the air. It is crucial in stopping advances and she would suffer without it as, although she has her two Item drop moves, which also cover the air, and have infinite vertical reach, these can only cover a specific area relative to her (close, or far), are active for less amount of time, and are much easier to deal with without Airshow. Most of the time, the first bomb Peacock will throw out is Airshow.

PC Plane Arc fullscreen2.png
At first it doesn't control much space and it has a decent amount of startup (16f) as well as travel time. If you are anywhere midscreen at this time and Peacock doesn't have an Item Drop ready, you can pretty much jump in on her with low risk of getting hit. As it travels, it cuts off more and more space available to the defender to move until it finally reaches the defender. Its trajectory is determined by the position of the defender horizontally at the time of the bomb's creation. Once it is on screen, its trajectory is locked. In this case, one can simply run under the plane and dodge it entirely, but Peacock zoning is more difficult than that.

PC Plane Walk Arcs2.png
Most of the time, Peacock will throw Airshow, then George's Day Out (236LK, Walk Bomb). This cuts off even more options for the defender as he now can't simply walk under the plane bomb to dodge it. It is at this point where Neutral Jumping becomes extremely useful.

Neutral Jump is your friend
Airshow only tracks prior to being created. Once created, it will not track the defender at all and will continue on its set course. It also never tracks vertically, which brings me to the solution to dealing with Airshow.

At any horizontal position that Airshow is called, it is possible to neutral jump and dodge it entirely.

Most people instinctively try to jump back and block (upback, chicken block), but this loses ground and only gives Peacock what she wants. You should only upback if you are already fullscreen or are in the corner in order to Land Cancel the projectiles and give yourself more time to act. The next obvious option is to jump forward and block in order to try and gain ground while blocking Peacock's barrage. This also ends up being counter-productive as jumping forward will land you straight into Airshow's path, and will only keep you stuck behind projectiles even longer. If you neutral jump, and block, you can avoid Airshow entirely while standing your ground. Characters with an airdash take the most advantage of this tactic as once the plane has passed you can airdash in and start attacking Peacock. Some characters can also try double jumping after this to get in. For characters with no air options (Parasoul), they can still take advantage of this as it can give them the opening they were looking for. If Peacock has an Item drop ready, neutral jumping is still the best option. Neutral jump will dodge Airshow, and Item Drop moves you towards Peacock on block. If Peacock is holding Item H (the far Item), you will just get pushed towards her, and can potentially Pushblock the item while in the air to dodge any ground bombs, keep yourself in place if there are multiple projectiles hitting you at the same time, or give you a chance to approach after landing. If Peacock is holding Item M (the close item), you can simply wait out the Item drop while dodging Airshow. Peacock then is pressured to make use of her held Item M by either moving forward, toward you, which is what you want, or attempting a poke like j.HP, or an assist call. Since you're in the air dodging Airshow, you will most likely dodge any ground bombs Peacock has used, if not, they are slow enough to manage on the fly.

Use this opportunity to make your way in on Peacock.

Shadow of Impending Doom (214P, Item Drop)
Placeholder
LP = stationary in front of peacock
MP = tracks from midscreen towards peacock
HP = Tracks from midscreen away from peacock

Moves you forward on block. Use this to keep ground during her zoning pattern.
Most of the time Item drop is not held in order to keep up a zoning pattern.
Most times Peacock does hold item is when it's Item M because it will cover her dead zone between Airshow and ground bombs.

Character-Specific Options
placeholder

Will update this with team-specific strats later (it's late).

Vs Projectile Assists (Napalm Shot, Love Dart, etc.)

Vs Armoured Assist (Lock 'N Load, Brass Knuckles, etc.)

Vs Reversal Assist (Updo, Pillar, Fibre Upper, etc.)

Vs Horizontal Moving Assist (Hairball, Hornet Bomber, etc.)

Vs Lockdown Assist (Cerecopter, Drag 'n' Bite, Butcher's Blade, etc.)

Whenever Peacock uses George At The Airshow the arc it travels is determined by the position of the defender horizontally at the time of the bomb's creation. Once it is on screen, its trajectory is locked. For example: If you are at fullscreen and Peacock calls the bomb at this position, if you move forward slightly after the plane has been called from your previous fullscreen position, the plane will pass over you (more effective when crouching). However, Peacock has a good arsenal of ground projectiles to help prevent this, so another option is available. Airshow will not track vertically, so jumping over it is also a way to dodge it, but many people still have trouble dealing with the Plane bomb. If you jump back, you are able to dodge it, yes, but you lose ground you might otherwise have kept than if you just stayed on the ground blocking. If you jump forward, you A) risk getting hit, and B) also will lose ground because you are most likely jumping directly into the plane bomb's trajectory.

Last edited:
I like sectioning off portions of a guide so that you can easily link to a specific section instead of just the entire guide and having to CTRL+F. I can always hide any extra posts I don't need.

It's not done yet, so I don't know how many I will need. Better to have more that you can delete than have less and then people are talking already.

No way you need this many reserved posts.
Remember Ken, only people that are nice know this. Otherwise the "make up for what the fuck are you on get a clue" OS happens.

The best way to fight against Peacock is to just put your controller down and let me pelt you with things. You'll save yourself a lot of sanity that way.
How do you save what doesn't exist. Fite me irl see this luger *throws luger at Dash until double does something with it

Thanks for the write-up you give too much good info irl that i forget half of it LOL
Now I have all this sexy info anytime I want

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo in all seriousness though this is a really well made guide and I hadn't thought about using blocked item drops to get in range for H Brass