• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

A thread title that implies theories based around mythology

WaterMystic277

Anime Fucker
Reaction score
Squigly Cerebella
Yeah. See basically I wonder how much we can guess a character's story based on the mythology they're based on.

Beowulf's seem to follow his namesake's story pretty linear if not for a few twists.

Which leads me to think for characters like Samson. I'm not familiar with the story of Samson but if anyone wants to crack guesses at him or any other character, go for it.

Beowulf's story doesn't end with Grendel's mother, though. It ends with a dragon. Who happens to come after a long point in Beowulf's life where he does not fight. And the dragon kills him.
So I predict that Beowulf's story mode will have candy and kittens, with no tragedy at all.

As for the Samson story, well... I wouldn't doubt that whoever Delilah is betrayed him. Also Samson was violent as hell, so that might say something. But I don't think skullgirls Samson is going to follow his story perfectly, it seems to be a natural name to pick when powerful and hair come together.

To (already) get off-track and talk about really real history, Marie is nicknamed "Bloody Marie", similar to the British Queen who persecuted and killed protestants. Which is similar to how Marie persecutes and kills Medicis, but for the most part other deaths are accidental or in self-defense. There's also the silly ritual thing, but I can't really figure out a connection there. I could see her getting a teleport or something that involves mirrors in her playable version, though.

Beowulf's story doesn't end with Grendel's mother, though. It ends with a dragon. Who happens to come after a long point in Beowulf's life where he does not fight. And the dragon kills him.
So I predict that Beowulf's story mode will have candy and kittens, with no tragedy at all.

As for the Samson story, well... I wouldn't doubt that whoever Delilah is betrayed him. Also Samson was violent as hell, so that might say something. But I don't think skullgirls Samson is going to follow his story perfectly, it seems to be a natural name to pick when powerful and hair come together.

And the Dragon being Marie (most likely.)
...Well fuck his story got a lot more fucking depressing then I would of thought.
But wierd, the book I had a version of Beowulf digging a hole next to the one he had already dug so he could hide it in, stabbed he dragon and roll into the other hole so he could escape it's acidic blood and win it's treasure.

Well maybe, I mean, someone asked Alex to humanize Samson (In recent trends of humanizing the intimate and un-humanoid cast) and he had pillars tied around his wrists, so it might follow it more then we think.

And the Dragon being Marie (most likely.)
...Well fuck his story got a lot more fucking depressing then I would of thought.
But wierd, the book I had a version of Beowulf digging a hole next to the one he had already dug so he could hide it in, stabbed he dragon and roll into the other hole so he could escape it's acidic blood and win it's treasure.
He does, in fact, kill the dragon but the dragon manages to poison him in the fight. Then his legacy is remembered and junk. You might have had a watered down version so that the kiddies could read it. I had one of those for the King Arthur legends.
Also, considering how extremely literal the Grendel fight was done, I wouldn't be surprised if either Leviathan or an actual real dragon kills him.

Well maybe, I mean, someone asked Alex to humanize Samson (In recent trends of humanizing the intimate and un-humanoid cast) and he had pillars tied around his wrists, so it might follow it more then we think.
I'm not entirely sure that we should use something like that for canon evidence.

He does, in fact, kill the dragon but the dragon manages to poison him in the fight. Then his legacy is remembered and junk. You might have had a watered down version so that the kiddies could read it. I had one of those for the King Arthur legends.
Also, considering how extremely literal the Grendel fight was done, I wouldn't be surprised if either Leviathan or an actual real dragon kills him.

I'm not entirely sure that we should use something like that for canon evidence.

Yeah, it was a kiddie book but the more I know!

And yeah, but it seems like it's heavily implied at least with Samson.

I wonder if Little Innsmouth will ever get fucked up in the various ways the Innsmouth from the original mythos were.

I guess it flooding at night is the "bad thing" that happens to this universe's Innsmouth?