• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Filia Absolute beginner wanting to learn the ropes with Fillia...

Squigsquasher

Angry Scrub
Reaction score
Steam
Squigsquasher
Filia Painwheel
So I've got a fightstick coming in the mail (which will hopefully let me finally play the game comfortably and decently- my only other controller is a shitty PS2-type Logitech thing) and once it arrives I intend to get properly into Skullgirls. Anyway, from what I've played of it I find myself liking Filia the best, but I'm still very inexperienced (I haven't actually finished the tutorial yet, though I'm going to start from the beginning once my controller arrives to get the hang of using it). So, umm, can anyone give some advice on getting started with Filia? Bear in mind I'm extremely new to this game, so if you could then try and put things in layman's terms.

Thank you!

Just because you got a stick doesn't mean you will automatically get better. You still have to get used to it. So don't be surprised if it takes a while to get quarter circles and such down. Your best bet is to just hammer out the inputs in training until you are comfy doing them every time. Fighting games take time period, especially when you're getting use to a new input device.

Reactions: Squigsquasher
Indeed, indeed, and I'm going to go through the tutorials from the beginning once it arrives. Still, a decent controller can't hurt- especially compared to the piece of junk I was stuck with before (which for some reason auto-mapped the controls in a...questionable arrangement).

Thanks for the warning in any case.

I play pad (controller) over stick, so it really just depends on your preferences. As for getting started, be absolutely sure to complete all of the tutorial since it will help you get basic skills down, learning filia a little better, and getting a feel for which character play styles you like.