• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Ace Attorney Court Room - TAKE THAT! Full game released!

I'm hoping they don't leave out what is possibly one of Edgeworth's best moments when they get to the third case.

Edgeworth: "OBJECTION!!"
Judge: "What is it?"
Edgeworth: "I was hoping to come up with a question while I was objecting. I didn't."
Judge: "Oh ok."
Edgeworth: "OBJECTION!!"

I just really really hope that for when we get to Maya in the anime we get to hear her theme.

i love her theme so much.

i'm not sorry and I'll never fucking be. no turnabout for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stairwayyy
Trucy Wright and Ema Skye Return For Ace Attorney 6
AA6-Scan_04-05-16.jpg

if only the anime had Phoenix screaming off camera
we still have time

We have to put our heads together and figure this out.

Not what I meant... but, okay.
tumblr_o5d768VGrn1ute7gwo1_540.gif

that was actually a good scene... although it did have undertones of Phoenix and Maya shipping. Something that I'm not entirely against but still... hmmm. pfffttt

actually screw that the manga had that kind of shipping in it too... nvm

ee10d1754d70d2f5af0191059bead7b9c4026c927188e34239212ea4.jpg

According to some files found in the Japanese demo, the english title of AA6 is gonna be Spirit of Justice.

Heh.

Heheh.

Heheheh.

Good pun Capcom good pun.

Last edited:
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice Trailer

Coming this September as a digital download only again.​

Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice - Final JP Trailer

Maya should just live in the Detention Center since she is always inseparable from it.
Also, that ending has me hyped.​

oh my god some of those shot of Maya has her looking so much older. Me likes it.

aw yeah they going full out on this game. bring everything. BRING BACK GODOT!

godot's dead, mang
we can bring him back via spirits come on. Nick's going to be in the land based around spirits this can happen.

Bring back Manfred's corpse
Bring back Matt's should-be-corpse

"I won't give in; I'll keep fighting till the day is won!"

Thanks Donatello, we can always count on you

I've completely avoided all information about SoJ whatsoever since it was announced, but a couple hours before release I got hit with major ending spoilers. That's annoying.

Still waiting on the download, anyone started yet?

I promised myself I'd get around to playing Apollo and DD before this day.

Here we are.

I didn't do it.

You can skip Apollo, it's trash anyway, you just need to know who Apollo and Trucy are, which you can gather from context in DD.

I don't know if DD is relevant to SoJ, but it is worth a play.

:'^) I'm sorry mom and dad I didn't do my homework in time.

You can skip Apollo, it's trash anyway, you just need to know who Apollo and Trucy are, which you can gather from context in DD.
/QUOTE]

I would like to respectfully disagree. It's got problems its far from a bad game. Decent logic puzzles, some great characters (Trucy, Gavin, and the extra character they gave to Ema are real highlights imo), and some decent cases hold it up. Its story can be a mess at times but it really isn't worth calling it trash.

I would suggest going back and playing at some point, but its really one you can go back to after playing the other games. It's relevant, but only specific moments.

I am really not enjoying this so far, I'm pretty disappointed.

Incredibly negligible spoilers; literally just who you're defending in the second and third case, nothing else.
Putting Trucy up on murder charges feels lazy, it feels like they didn't feel like trying to create a character or reason to care, instead just assuming you're attached to Trucy and using that as a replacement for characterization. That said, I did like her more here than I have in any other context.

But for fuck's sake, if I was willing to completely forget that, which I would be if it wasn't for this, we get Maya on trial. Again. For the 10 fucking time or whatever.

It really just feels like they were told to make a new AA game rather than someone had a story they wanted to write for an AA game. Hoping the 4th and 5th cases have some actual inspiration or effort.

Reactions: BeatNinja
They should give it one last hurrah and let the series die off. Or branch off into other spinoffs. You can only do so much with Nick.

When's Gumshoe's game. Ace Defective.

Or branch off into other spinoffs
I vote for this, there is definitely potential out there. I can't speak for DGS but Investigations 2 was great, Investigations 1 was... alright. Even what little I played of the Layton crossover seemed fine, I liked the crowd witnesses.

Spoiler discussion continued

Putting Trucy up on murder charges feels lazy, it feels like they didn't feel like trying to create a character or reason to care, instead just assuming you're attached to Trucy and using that as a replacement for characterization. That said, I did like her more here than I have in any other context.

But for fuck's sake, if I was willing to completely forget that, which I would be if it wasn't for this, we get Maya on trial. Again. For the 10 fucking time or whatever.

It really just feels like they were told to make a new AA game rather than someone had a story they wanted to write for an AA game. Hoping the 4th and 5th cases have some actual inspiration or effort.

Why is defending Trucy lazy? We've literally never defended her before. In no way is defending a character who has never been on trial really "lazy". At best you can say unoriginal but even that is a streeeeeeeeeeeeetch because...again they are doing something they actually have not done before.

The general complaint of "why didn't they make a new character?" is at least closer to a real point...but it's still flawed because this series is known for reusing characters a LOOOOOOOOT. You defended Maggey Byrd 3 times, twice in the normal trilogy; a character that's super unimportant. How many times does Larry show up as a witness/part of the case? 7? (maybe more in the new game) Or the amout of Cases we get Oldbag involved? 4? And then there's Maya. Even if you want to not count the Investigations games for some odd reason, most of these Reuses are still within the Main Trilogy, especially Trials and Tribulations (often cited as everyone's favorite, can't tell if that's your own, can only presume). If you cared about originality, why did you not complain about the *actual* worst offender of this, but yet complain about this game where they are doing something new with an old character?

Or hell, if Character originality meant that much to you, why is Apollo Justice not regarded higher when it was mostly an original cast for everything? Even if that happens to be your own favorite, it's frequently said to be either the worst or 2nd worst (after JFA). The point I'm alluding to is this: what matters isn't really who's the defendant or the reuse, what matters is everything is written well/interesting.

For the "they are assuming you care without building up characterization", besides the fact that both Maya and Maggey are in the same boat here, as are a lot of normal Phoenix wright characters who they just dump into the defendant's chair, again what's wrong with injecting Trucy for potential actual growth to get attached to? If you didn't like her before, that's a thing, but if they honestly used this as a leeway to get Trucy to have more character, then what is the problem with giving her that opportunity? And you even admit that you liked her here better than before (probably because, like I said, this was used to flesh out her character). You don't have to earn any right to get on the defendant's chair, it's just given to you.

Maya being a defendant does sound boring to me, but like I said, I'd be willing to go along as long as the case was still interesting and well written.

Last thing, usually the 2nd/3rd cases are the things most people gloss over in this series anyways. Most people end up just paying most attention to the 1st/4th/5th ones cause those are the ones that are most connected. Not surprising people would complain about middle cases here.

The only thing that matters is "is the case interesting and well written", but reusing characters isn't and really has never been a factor for that. Stuff like "the villain really sucked" or "the cases location/premise was entirely contrived and reaching" would be real complaints that they didn't want to really make a new game, rather than complaining about something they've been doing since Game 1.

Another super cool game that we'll neeeeeeeeeever get.

I don't see the point of getting mad about Maya being put on trial. I honestly expected that to happen when she was confirmed to appear. There hasn't been a single game where she hasn't been a defendant or would-be victim of a murder plan. Might as well get mad about Edgeworth always appearing in the final case and having a different prosecutor take over.

Kind of funny that until Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Ace Attorney games were mostly on Nintendo consoles.