• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Achievements not working?

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
Reaction score
Steam
saint311
Cerebella
On Steam I have completed the Threads of Fate achievements, years ago, but apparently only for the base roster (it show's 8/14 progress, even though I have the achievement). However, for those base roster characters, I have none of their individual achievements for completing story mode. Is this a bug or were the achievements added later and not retroactive and Threads of Fate never got up-to-date?

It's not a bug. The newly added achievements aren't retroactive so you just have to complete the stories again.
Thanks. Any idea why they decided to make it that way?

Thanks. Any idea why they decided to make it that way?
It's probably easier than having to write new detection codes to determine if people have completed the stories before. These achievements were imported over from the 2E releases on consoles which had them since their original releases.

Anyway, I guess the side effect is it encourages people to go through the stories again to brush up on the lore before diving into the new DLC stories I guess, so I don't think it's a bad thing. Story modes are pretty easy so if you don't care about the stories you can probably finish all the original ones in a couple of hours by skipping the dialogues.