• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Adventure Time!

akindhobo

derp
Reaction score
Steam
a_kind_hobo
Squigly Eliza
So why no Adventure Time thread? no one watches it? Seriously Adventure time is freaking good. I was one of the skeptical bunch when the show first started. I thought it was just a "lolz look how random and crude and how many "adult" jokes we can slip into our show, we get high to make this shit and you 4chan millennials yap it all up " kind of show but its not. The first half of the first season was kinda rough and like that but it got immensely better as it went along. The latest season has been so good so far.

Discussions?

Reactions: Aferni
I fell off a a certain point late into the show, but it was worth catching up. Although, the story has gotten a bit boring to me.

And now there's a 4-night Marceline miniseries.

And now there's a 4-night Marceline miniseries.
Is that what the latest episode with new intro is about?

Yep. 4 30-minute episodes focused on Marceline.

4idKD2h.gif

I like Marceline, I think she's my favorite character.

0m0moiR.gif

I think me and my wife got through the first 5 seasons. At the point where I catch up to a show, though, I stop, because I'm not gonna watch week-to-week. I liked it a lot, and it stands out as pretty much the only kid's show that people recommended I watch, that I enjoyed.

So why no Adventure Time thread? no one watches it? Seriously Adventure time is freaking good. I was one of the skeptical bunch when the show first started. I thought it was just a "lolz look how random and crude and how many "adult" jokes we can slip into our show, we get high to make this shit and you 4chan millennials yap it all up " kind of show but its not. The first half of the first season was kinda rough and like that but it got immensely better as it went along. The latest season has been so good so far.

Discussions?

From the internet discussions I have had, since Season 4 when the plotlines got more intricate and interconnected with a Springfield of characters to focus on, not just a kid and his dog going on random adventures for 11 minutes at a time, people have been proclaiming that it "jumped the shark" at various points more times than I can count. But the show luckily continues to evolve and do its own thing.

But I think they just have shit taste in cartoons to be honest. If you want something that plays it safe and is overly manipulative in nature to give you the feelz, go watch Steven Universe.

The Marcie episodes are pretty damn emotional in AT for instance, including the mini-series. Music is her way of working things out internally. But there is never a pat speech or an easy crutch to lean on for dealing with immortality or childhood abandonment or the dementia of a father figure. No "out of the mouths of babes" moment to stir a completely satisfied resolution with a syrupy bow on it. It is more realistic in its ambiguity towards life experiences and finding your own way through it in my opinion.

Last edited:
To be fair Adventure Time did hit a sour point for a little while.

Reactions: Aferni

This song might as well be the theme for the entire franchise.

Its pretty good. My main problem with this season is I feel they are too quick to return to the status quo. With Princess Bubble Gum losing her kingdom and Marceline losing her powers I thought they play around with it some more but it all got resolved really quick. The last episode I watched was about the invisible maze taken straight from H.P Lovecraft and was hella trippy, really enjoyed it.

I'm wondering how much longer they plan to keep going, I don't think the quality of episodes have declined but I don't want them to start running out of steam and just start putting out whatever.

The creator of the show isn't even involved anymore, is he?
He is but right now he's working on the movie.

Its pretty good. My main problem with this season is I feel they are too quick to return to the status quo. With Princess Bubble Gum losing her kingdom and Marceline losing her powers I thought they play around with it some more but it all got resolved really quick. The last episode I watched was about the invisible maze taken straight from H.P Lovecraft and was hella trippy, really enjoyed it.
Yea I agree. I wish they continued the series a bit longer with PB kicked out of the kingdom.