• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

AI and Attack Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aden

Beep Boop Meow
Reaction score
Steam
AdenPhoenix
PSN
AdenPhoenix13
Painwheel Squigly Parasoul
Painwheel's AI will just fly to top height and sit there until the timer runs out, Filia will crouch block from across the screen for a good amount of time.

And the attack data for Parasoul's level 3 is very inconsistent, not sure if that's just because of that move specifically or if there is some sort of error with the data so I thought I'd mention it.

AI things - noted.

Parasoul's Lv3 - poor test. Doing it from slightly different positions will of course yield vastly different data, it's not a bug.

Talking of AI, Double spams Parasoul projectiles all the time; Big Band spams giant step and uses only one of his grab specials, very rarely. He always drops the combo too.

AI things - noted.

Parasoul's Lv3 - poor test. Doing it from slightly different positions will of course yield vastly different data, it's not a bug.
I was more referring to the number of hits near doubling in the data, which I can actually do from the same position and get different numbers. Obviously the damage would vary, but the numbers in the combo counter and the attack data being completely different was odd to me.

I was more referring to the number of hits near doubling in the data, which I can actually do from the same position and get different numbers. Obviously the damage would vary, but the numbers in the combo counter and the attack data being completely different was odd to me.
"Hit" is "the damage of the last hit you just got", not "the number of hits in this combo". Everything in the Attack Data is damage related, since the combo counter tells you number of hits.
Heh?

There is indeed a minor bug in that vid, which is that that data is only updated on non-skipped frames, so if you land a hit on the skipped frame and on the shown frame directly after that, both will be added together as one "hit" which is where the 54dmg*2 = 108dmg comes from sometimes. I don't think that'll get fixed, though.

"Hit" is "the damage of the last hit you just got", not "the number of hits in this combo". Everything in the Attack Data is damage related, since the combo counter tells you number of hits.
Heh?
I don't know how I managed to forget that and screw this up. My apologies. Glad I at least brought up the AI and not just waste your time.

Edit: actually, I do know how I managed to forget it, since the damage number was the combo number on some tries and near to it most others I must have just made a connection. Again, sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.