• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Anybody know a good laptop that can run SG?

SonicFox

Fox of the Stars
Reaction score
PSN
SonicFox5000
XBL
SonicFox5000
Unknown Robo Fortune Filia
Not all that good with PC and stuff, but I am looking for a good computer that can allow me to run SG and other games at a relatively decent price. I am look at 600-800 but depending on the computer I may spend more. I need suggestions help ;A;

OH MY GOODNESS ARE YOU FINALLY BUYING A COMPUTER?!

My previous laptop was a Sony Vaio i5 which ran SG fine, but they're also more expensive now than they were when I bought it years ago. Wat.
(And it's way out of your price range, but I just wanted to say don't buy a Razer Blade Pro. The Sentient Tactile Verbatim Keys suck for doing any actual non-gaming things with.)

I guess this wasn't a very useful post after all. Sorry. :^|

Reactions: SonicFox
OH MY GOODNESS ARE YOU FINALLY BUYING A COMPUTER?!

My previous laptop was a Sony Vaio i5 which ran SG fine, but they're also more expensive now than they were when I bought it years ago. Wat.
(And it's way out of your price range, but I just wanted to say don't buy a Razer Blade Pro. The Sentient Tactile Verbatim Keys suck for doing any actual non-gaming things with.)

I guess this wasn't a very useful post after all. Sorry. :^|
How much is it :OOOO. And yes I feel its time cuz I want to play sg moray and other fighters. But I guess its mainly fear of viruses xD. But if you can show me a better computer I can go out of my price range f r e e

SonicFox, I could play SGon a toaster laptop with a small cpu power and integrated graphics using up some of the 4gb ram in it (and that's with 3d bg's, with some dropped frames of course, but otherwise runs smoothly, thank you Mike Z and LO for making the Z Engine incredible and toaster compatible btw)

I gotta ask this SonicFox: Does it have to be a laptop? Or just a powerful enough, portable setup to run the game, maybe be fine enough to stream? Because if it's the latter I'd reccommend building a micro atx tower. Hell, I lug my full tower setup to tourneys, before it kinda got murdered anyways.

SonicFox, I could play SGon a toaster laptop with a small cpu power and integrated graphics using up some of the 4gb ram in it (and that's with 3d bg's, with some dropped frames of course, but otherwise runs smoothly, thank you Mike Z and LO for making the Z Engine incredible and toaster compatible btw)

I gotta ask this SonicFox: Does it have to be a laptop? Or just a powerful enough, portable setup to run the game, maybe be fine enough to stream? Because if it's the latter I'd reccommend building a micro atx tower. Hell, I lug my full tower setup to tourneys, before it kinda got murdered anyways.
I mean I don't even know how to build legos so I would know I am ass with building a laptop lol. And a laptop would help because portable lmfao ayyyyy, but yeah I would like to not have my computer lag when running 60 fps games and to be able to play online as well (AND stream).

Well, laptops are closed systems and they're not as good and/or upgradable as a pc, and gaming geared laptops are ultra expensive, and will make your wallet cry.

http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-laptops-notebooks-gaming-laptops-ct-118_96_98.html

I'd suggest a mini itx form factor pc, those are portable, full featured, easily upgradable, have better cooling and airflow amongst cases, and just but a bit bigger than a xbox 360.

Afull featured mobo, cpu, that gigabyte mini-itx gtx 970 graphics card, ram, 1TB hard drive, and your choice of mouse, keyboard, and monitor, should fit budget.

Well, laptops are closed systems and they're not as good and/or upgradable as a pc, and gaming geared laptops are ultra expensive, and will make your wallet cry.

http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-laptops-notebooks-gaming-laptops-ct-118_96_98.html

I'd suggest a mini itx form factor pc, those are portable, full featured, easily upgradable, have better cooling and airflow amongst cases, and just but a bit bigger than a xbox 360.

Afull featured mobo, cpu, that gigabyte mini-itx gtx 970 graphics card, ram, 1TB hard drive, and your choice of mouse, keyboard, and monitor, should fit budget.
Thanks I will definitely check this out!

Are you on dead set on a laptop? For gaming PCs building a desktop is usually the way to go in terms of getting the most bang for your buck. If you want a laptop that can play games that's a whole other story though.

Oh yeah and for viruses, Microsoft Security Essentials is completely free and works great. ClamWin anti-virus is also really good. Just get one of those and and Malware Bytes and you won't have to worry about anything! (Oh yeah and CCleaner!)

Are you on dead set on a laptop? For gaming PCs building a desktop is usually the way to go in terms of getting the most bang for your buck. If you want a laptop that can play games that's a whole other story though.

Oh yeah and for viruses, Microsoft Security Essentials is completely free and works great. ClamWin anti-virus is also really good. Just get one of those and and Malware Bytes and you won't have to worry about anything! (Oh yeah and CCleaner!)
Thanks! Im currently looking at one of the asus's that zephyreal linked

Do you just want it to run the game well or do you also want to be able to stream/record from it?

Do you just want it to run the game well or do you also want to be able to stream/record from it?
I want to stream and record too yes lol

I have a Dell Inspiron 14 that runs nicely. Anything above Intel i3 and 4gb RAM runs SG easily

Just an FYI for an really cheap people out there , I just bought an HP stream tablet for $100 all in and decided to install steam and SG on it for fun.
SG runs flawlessly at 640x400 resolution. Can't really tell the res difference as the screen is only 7 inches.

This is what I bought : http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...-Signature-Edition-Tablet/productID.308878100

You can even plug in your pad / stick with a micro usb ->usb adapter.

I assume any of the new baytrail atom tablets could run SG just as well.