• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Arcana Heart 3

Yeah, them. Sorry, I couldn't remember names of the characters to save my life. Honestly that's a bit of another problem I have. The characters, while trying to be really unique and out there, honestly come off to me as either bland anime stuff, or trying to hard. The only ones I really genuinely like are Sharlotte (I can't remember the spelling or pronunciation of her real name) and Kamui. Mei-Fang's ok, Angelina pisses me off, Zenia is pretty decent, Dorothy is bleh, the two lolis are stupid and forgetable, heart is bleh. They really could do with some alterations.

I'd like to see Heart be a bit more over the top. Give her a quirk or something. As it stands she comes off as bland stupid protag #???. The cast has some standouts, but I feel they could try to add a few more dimensions to some of these characters instead of just the sever 1-dimensional tropes they currently have. One of your most memorable characters are a little girl and her down-to-earth and fatherly doodle monster...

tl;dr: the cast is really hit or miss...mostly miss in terms of personality.

I like demon nun and probably-impossible-to-play doll girl.

Demon-nun is nice, too. She's earie but has charm. Doll girl is just annoying to me. Honestly feel she brings Zenei down a bit at points.

Time Weiss is too much fun.

Too bad nobody plays this game and nobody will....

I was playing some sets on PS3 at a session yesterday, still playing my Lillica Darkness

I would really love to play on steam but I'm not willing to put another 30 on the game right now

Too bad nobody plays this game and nobody will....
Well, it seems to be around 80-120 people on Steam, but given the aesthetic and advertising (was there any?) I'm not surprised. Well, actually, given the aesthetic I am a bit surprised, since I would think people who are into the various and sundry visual novels would be keen on this, but then again I don't know how popular those are, as I don't pay much attention to them.

1 of those 120 people is from Australia and it is probably me.

I can't imagine being an FG fan in Australia. There's got to be almost zero scene outside of SF?

Well we get over 100 for smash melee and smash 4 every monthly.

PM gets 30-40

We had about 16? Guilty Gear players last monthly

MKX is still alive, dunno about Tekken because they still play in arcades

Everything else other than SF is basically dead offline.

I've said before a number of times that SA has a number of anime players, they just play on console.

I'm all for it. I dont play a lot of arcana heart but its a series well worth supporting.

I'm willing to buy fighting games just to try them, but... has the funding started yet or is this just news right now? What's the "submit email to get early invite" thing mean?

I saw a video about the first Arcana Heart and remember really only being liking the design of the Shrine Maiden calling on lackey shrine maidens to do her dirty work :P but the character roster on the website looks solid enough.

I play the robot chun-li...I like robots...n-not in that way...I mean they tend to be my favorite characters but that's not-
*sigh*
I play the robot Chun-Li :P

Steam sale on anime games, which means anime fighers, which means I nabbed LOVE MAX!!!!! (I must use all the exclamation points)

This is the kind of super that drives people away from fighting games. >_>
NZSUow5.png
I'm terrible at this but it's so much fuuun... I'll have to look up guides since there's a complete lack of in-game tutorial despite the hints at specific mechanics. Also combos.

I can take one round off Schsaslvndlnf whatever her name is in Story Mode as Weiss, but I can't win the match yet.

eey, someone else that plays this. Im pretty trash at it, too, if you want someone of the a similar skill level to play against lol.

I think Ayyyoooo might still be running tournaments for this, but I don't know. They're always on when I'm at work. I'd love to brush off my (hardly practiced at all) Petra, though.

Also, @HiroProtagonist, that super only deals about 40% damage anyway, which is about twice what the 1 bar supers deal (though only about 1000 more damage than B>C>Super), but unless there's some scaling property I'm not seeing (and from what I can tell it doesn't scale well) it's probably not a major concern to do in a match. It's really more of a set combo anyway, so if you can deal with that in Skullgirls it's a fair bit simpler than that.

Last edited:
critical hearts aren't entirely practical, they're really more for being flashy.

they also accept multiple inputs, so you don't have to input the entire thing manually/one move at a time

It's really more of a set combo anyway, so if you can deal with that in Skullgirls it's a fair bit simpler than that.
Yeah I did read the super's description. But at first glance it looks like Ryu's Piano Concerto. :P

I'm gonna have to learn to move in this game... Homing Attack is huge and not something I'm used to. Regular dashing is... everyone has a Johnny dash, I think? *did not actually test much* Speaking of which, that iaido girl's Mist Finer is hilarious. It can't be optimal, but just holding the direction and mashing attacks, lol
EDIT : " Critical Hearts" :PUN:

Last edited:
Seems like everyone has a Johnny dash. Lilica (Lilicia? Roller-skate Rekka girl) has a somewhat longer backdash, or maybe that's just Wind Arcana. Wind gives a triple jump/extra airdash. Lightning adds some kinda effect to forward dashes.

Preeetty sure Scharla-whatever gets buffs as a Story Mode boss that she doesn't have normally. Round 1 she's normal, but for 2 and 3 she has like, permanent Extend Force (she also doesn't seem to gain more than 1 meter Round 1, then automatically gets full meter after that). I also swear that Baldur's huge laser doesn't cost any meter for her...

That final boss was something out of Smash Bros! It was a cool idea, but pretty jank. It was often hard to get up onto the platforms... at least until I finally realized I could just use Homing Attack, then beat it the first time I actually did so.

But I wonder if the need to be able to turn around in that fight is the reason facing is stupid in this game... no game, I didn't want to use my qcb/reverse-z move, I was expecting that crossup and wanted a DP! WHY DIDN'T MY CHARACTER TURN AROUND?! Or maybe they just put in some facing leniency so it's easier to get what you want when you aren't expecting a crossup, but it's just jank to me...

On an unrelated note
QO4GEtq.png
XlTf2W3.png

1oniiB3.png
BUT WHAT EVEN IS HER HAIR

If youve beaten sharlacrotte (did I spell it right?) ....well...have you tried getting to Parace? Thats a fight everyone should get stomped by at least once

Is that in the After Story? I haven't gotten far in that yet.

Shes in the character challenges. Get all the way to end (which includes an even harder sharla) and you get borderline the hardest fighting game boss ever

Well I beat Bronze Trial Scharlachrot (only took about five times seeing her name). I'm guessing I have to beat Gold to get Parace. I'm also missing the bronze for "use 7 different attacks in a combo" because I'm playing Kamui. I figured out a seven-attack combo but I have to use DIFFERENT attacks, air-chain ABC twice counts as 3, not 6. -_-

I haven't experimented with Arcana much, generally sticking to the default pairings, but gave Kamui the Tyr Arcana for Trials, Time is... really technical.

North if you have it on PC, I'll add you on Steam.

I do like around a third of the cast's art designs, but none of them are really inspired. Even with Zenia, I've seen some pneumatic-powered spike weapons in anime. There's definitely a place for less... loud? designs like Heart and Kamui, but Saki's kinda boring even for my taste (in no small part because her idle animation is also nondescript). Some of the designs wouldn't stand out much in their respective genres, but are good in this setting.

But I really want Petra and Mei-Fang to put on some real clothes.

Personality-wise Heart is basically upbeat shonen protagonist, yeah. :/ The only real nonstandard trait is that she knows how to cook, which most don't despite their eating habits.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragonage2ftw
I have it on Steam, yes. I play Angelia and Me I-Fang and im currently "trying" to learn Liesolotte, who i have dubbed the "most needlessly complex puppet character ever"

EDIT: The nature/earth arcana can be used to cheese that 7 hits trial. ABC->Scorpion pull special->(may need to dash cancel depending on the char) J.ABC. done. Its a bit if a pain as some characters but i beat it for a lot of chars with thst setup. Supers also count as one hit if you need that.

Last edited:
Well I figured out how to beat the Avallone sisters; sit there and let Angelia act like a brash kid.

And you know what that means!
OtRbRHP.png

iy3hi8E.png

WHY DOES SHE DWARF EVERYONE ELSE!? And in every way

Though her design could be more elegant (she's wearing a friggin' loincloth), she still does a good job of making everyone else look inadequate (not like that... okay not JUST like that).
I managed to take half her health off a couple times... I'm tempted to go for all golds.

Edit: Screw beating Parace, one Gold Medal is to make a 10k damage combo without ANY meter or force gauge!? Disregarding supers, that means no Homing Cancels, no Extend Force... I don't want to look up the solutions for any of these. Mmm... I'll experiment with Punishment arcana a little.

Last edited:
There is currently a kickstarter for love max six stars to be ported to steam. It's already more than halfway there so I guess it's pretty likely to get funded.

Reactions: North888
Arcana Heart Kickstarter said:
$115,601 pledged of $100,000 goal
backers
23 days to go
Min donation for steam key is $25
Donate if you want the game, there might be further stretch goals, but I'm not sure.
Also, I find it interesting how few backers there are compared to how much money has been donated.

Stretch goals have been revealed!

a7fef7bff438a7ccc90a7f9fa985de9b_original.jpg

c5700a1eec356278e9a2308655873185_original.jpg

961e4462d7749c045224387ced9b2bb9_original.jpg

ba2bf264dc82e77d88588666fa366258_original.jpg
Looks like we're well on track to the first stretch goal. We'll get to equip our fighters with the Arcana of Life, Paracelsia. The alchemist herself remains unplayable. Instead, the default fighter for Paracelsia is Shark Girl, who we'd have to reach the next goal for.

About $150k for each character, plus an extra storyline halfway to the third one. It's really good, but I doubt we'll reach anything beyond Shark Girl. Some people are complaining about Stretch Goals not being shown on launch but I don't think it'd have that much of an impact with people willing to put money on this, we already knew there would be stretch goals. It'd probably have gotten them some more money but I wouldn't expect a huge difference.

Shark Girl is pretty creative for this game, so I'm fine with her being the first. Omega's more my style, but... I seriously doubt we'll get there.

Last edited:
I find about the kickstarter only yesterday... and at 5 days to end...

Probably we will hit the Shark Girl goal... but the others only with a miracle last days...

36 hours to end!!! Call all the soldiers :P