• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Are there any plans to release Skullgirls DRM-free on GOG.com?

Matchmaking is handled entirely through Steamworks, IIRC. So yes, it would make it much harder to release a DRM-free version.

I suppose the simplest solution, in that case, would be to drop the matchmaking altogether and make the DRM-free version local multiplayer only.

I'd love a version on GOG. It wouldn't be the first time a game there had Steamworks stuff chopped out. Besides, the game has story and versus modes, right? It's how us old timers used to play fighting games against each other in the first place. And that was dangerous when I won against someone with a bad temper. ;)

Reactions: Barry Woodward
The chance of it happening is little to none, if it takes effort that distracts from completing the tasks set out by the IGG then it is going to (at best) be on the backburner.

Reactions: Cyberbeta
Now that GOG has announced their own multiplayer client "Galaxy", which is capable of cross-play with Steam, it seems like a no-brainer for Skullgirls to appear there.

Last edited:
Reactions: zarkingphoton