• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

armored boat into h statue?

3much

Reaction score
Steam
3much
PSN
pcmasterrace
XBL
pcmasterrace
Squigly Double Filia
was this nerfed or whats the trick to it?

was this nerfed or whats the trick to it?
Still works. Not really any trick to it, but worth noting the boat only has projectile armor, not armor against everything.

Reactions: 3much
Depends on your context. if you're trying to combo off of cHK, you can't unless it's off the ground (pink bounce)

in other cases (ie vs projectiles), people will cancel into Upper Khat before cHK hits

Depends on your context. if you're trying to combo off of cHK, you can't unless it's off the ground (pink bounce)

in other cases (ie vs projectiles), people will cancel into Upper Khat before cHK hits

ya i'm trying to combo into into it like you would off a throw, I sware I've seen people do boat into h statue and hit off with j mk cancel into j hp sekhmet. pls halp

I think i've figured it out, you cant do it raw you need to it off like dive of horus persay.

I think i've figured it out, you cant do it raw you need to it off like dive of horus persay.
Oh you were trying to combo into it. I thought you were trying to use it as a way to counter zoning from full screen. You could have stood to be a little more clear in your original post.

So, here's what's going on here. The boat is a sweep. Under normal circumstances, sweeps cause a blue bounce which you can't combo after (unless your opponent messes up). HOWEVER, if you cause a purple knockdown with another move, you can combo. Hitting someone after they hit the ground causes a universal kind of hitstun no matter what you hit them with, which means something that normally causes a blue bounce instead does not. So Dive of Horus or any other move that causes a purple bounce will let you combo into sweep and from there combo into H Upper Khat.

Hitting someone after they hit the ground causes a universal kind of hitstun no matter what you hit them with, which means something that normally causes a blue bounce instead does not.
Just adding to this, the OTG hitstun also applies to more than just sweep. Moves that launch (Eliza's hp dp, Filia's s.hp), moves that cause a bounce (Horus, Double's tag), moves that stagger (Cerebella's s.mp, Peacock's lp gun), and moves that cause wall bounce (Bella's Kanchou, Fukua's s.hk) all also lose their special properties when hitting OTG because of this universal type of hitstun. The only things that don't have that standardized hitstun OTG are hitgrabs (Bella's Excellebella/Pummel Horse, Eliza's air super, Double's monster super).