• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Aug 8, 2015] Slam Jam Monthly (Jammers) SG/XRD (Kinnelon, NJ)

keninblack

NJ/VA
Reaction score
Steam
keninblack3s
PSN
keninblack
Parasoul Double Painwheel
<<<PLEASE RSVP ON FACEBOOK>>>

"We're gonna get it on in Kinnelon before the competition heats up silly in Philly!"

Slam Jam Monthly # 2 is heading your way Aug 8th!

We will be serving ice cold Kool-Aid Jammers all night!

Skullgirls Encore will be accompanied by another side game each month. This months side game is -
Guilty Gear xrD

Sponsored by INFLICT! FGC, Kick-Punch-Block
& Hosted by Hitbox Arena

Pot-Bonus Schedule for this event (per Bracket):
over 20 entrants - $25
over 30 enrtrants - $50
over 40 entrants - $75
over 50 entrants - $100

AND TO THE SGE CHAMP...A FULL BOX OF KOOL-AID JAMMERS OF HIS CHOICE!!!

This is the time to come out and show your support for this hype multi-game mash-up event.

12:00pm Doors Open
2:00pm - GGxrD
4:00pm - Skullgirls Encore
6:00pm - SGE Crew Battles
If time allows - Skullgirls Team Battles...Hype!!!

SKULLGIRL PLAYERS:
-Please bring your PS3 consoles with updated DLC.
-We will provide our killer Asus 1ms Monitors and HDMI cables

Event Fees:
$10 - Venue fee (includes casualsfriendlies)
$10 - Entry fee to both events

Come enjoy tons of set-ups, great food options, amazing competiton and the best venue hospitality around.

COMING FROM NY?

Hitbox Arena is also accessible by bus from the NY Port Authority. Please follow the link below to the NJ Transit Bus Schedule -
http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0194.pdf
(last event starts @ 6:00pm and the last Bus back to NYC is 10:15 - that's plenty of time!

Venue Location:
Hitbox Arena
25 Kinnelon Rd
Kinnelon NJ 07405
201-704-3802

Here's some important links:

Follow us @
www.twitch.tv/hitboxarena
www.twitch.tv/kpblive

Like us @
www.facebook.com/hitboxarena
www.facebook.com/kick-punch-block

Follow us @
www.twitter.com/hitboxarena
www.twitter.com/KickPunchBlock

Visit us @
www.hitboxarena.com
www.k-p-b.com

Join our INFLICT! Facebook Group here -
https://www.facebook.com/groups/njfgc/

Please call or text 201-704-3802 for additonal info!
Thanks, HBA Johnny & the KPB Crew

<<<PLEASE RSVP ON FACEBOOK>>>

Last edited:
There's a lot of advance notice so I should be able to make this.

It's looking like a lot of New England players are gonna be able to make it out to this, so New York better not do the fucking New York special, we aren't driving all this way just to play each other

Reactions: Datagram
Oh hey this is a thing yea I'm omw and can possibly bring 2 setups now.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Evo vs. This...Really hard to decide

I wasnt prepared holy fuck. I'll see if I can get some help on this.

Alright, just got off the horn with Johnny V. Everything should be set up to go on Friday night & KPB is gonna get there a little early to run a few diagnostics for all the streams. We're (finally) gonna make use of the projector and have that, as well as the two monitors on either side of the entrance, streaming EVO the whole time.

Furthermore, just 'cuz we can & 'cuz it happened to sync up with our schedule, we're gonna have a special inhouse showing of the DEATH BATTLE rematch between Goku & Superman... again, just 'cuz we can.

Outside of all that, you guys know the rundown. HitBox Arena will be throwing in some money depending on how many people enter & I'll be dropping $100 into the pot as a "Welcome Back" bonus to all of you. Should anything new develop between then & now, I'll definitely bring it here.

As always, gentlemen... I'm looking forward to a good show!

Got room for 1 more?
Yea I gotchu nobody else in my car, which then means if anyone needs a ride hit me up we'll work something out.

Reactions: Datagram
Heading towards the PATH station on 9th

Alright, gents... it's almost time for the show! See you there

Reactions: Flotilla
At journal square

SlamJam2.jpg
SlamJam1.jpg

Reactions: Kai and Datagram
Gentlemen, this probably goes without saying, but I'm gonna say it, anyways:

Yesterday was awesome and that's ENTIRELY because of you guys. The UNIEL round robin was fun on a bun, with TempleNUT taking it outright. (Good showing, btw.) The SG tournament itself was damn impressive & had its fair share surprises. Oh, and for the record (apologies in advance if I screw up any spelling/spacing): 1st - KrillinGuy, 2nd - TempleNUT & 3rd - McPeanuts. The 5v5 Team Battle (TempleNUT & the Kinghts TempNUT VS KrillinGuy's Perezoso Devils) may have had a hiccup in the middle with a few people needing to check out early, but it was still an amazing set with TempleNUT leading the charge to victory for his squad.

On a sidenote, it was fun as hell watching MotoEleven pull off the "Triple Miracle Parry" from at least a good 40ft. away. Ahh, fun times.

So, I was in talks with Johnny V and he would like to set up the next Slam Jam for Aug 8th. That's a fairly equidistant date from both last night & Summer Jam. (I'm thinking of calling it "The Local Slam Before Summer Jam!"). However, the power here lies with the players, so I leave the decision up to you fine people.

Thanks as always for hosting and running this. I always enjoy these tournaments. Sorry we had to dip in the middle of the crew battle, but I think I made the right call there; I was dead tired when I got back to Massachusetts, I can't imagine if we had stayed an extra hour.

Aug 8th unfortunately doesn't work for me, I have plans with some friends from work that Friday and I'll be pretty hung over on Saturday (if everything goes according to plan anyways). Hopefully the New England boys will still be able to find their way to Hitbox without me.

Yea unfortunately I can't make it Aug. 8th either. I'm gonna be in Austin that weekend for RTX. So just a heads up that ppl gonna have to bus it up there next time. I will probably be melting in 100 degree weather inside a crowded convention hall. Good times...

@Rizil @mcpeanuts ... don't sweat it. You guys always make it a party whenever you do come thru, so that responsibility will just havta rest on the shoulders of those attending next time. Besides, the REAL goal is have our numbers on point at Summer Jam.

@Kai Thanks, but I'm just the conduit between two parties. All I want is to make sure this game gets (what I feel are) its due & proper. If I gotta put a few hundred bucks outta my own pocket & into the community to help the rest of the FGC see what I see when it comes to Skullgirls, then I'll do it with a smile on my face. Which won't be too difficult considering how many smiles I been able to inspire as of late. Makes me feel all warm & toasty inside, that it does.

Updated thread for the August 8th monthly.

SG/Xrd will be in attendance. Good practice for Summer Jam guys, see you there <3

RSVP ON FB BRUH <3

Updated thread for the August 8th monthly.

SG/Xrd will be in attendance. Good practice for Summer Jam guys, see you there <3

RSVP ON FB BRUH <3

^^^ What he said.

AY WHO CAN GIMME A RIDE TO THIS JAUNT

THAT'D MAKE ME ANYTHING BUT FLACCID

Alright, folks... regardless of whatever numbers we get, I plan on at least having a good time tomorrow. At the very least, we can have a few laughs by checking out Fant4stic. Anyways, the important thing to remember is that we wanna show out at Summer Jam. I'm gonna hit up either Big E or Min this weekend to get the official entrant count.

However things play out, I'll see you tomorrow.

Okay, so we had a small Ft5 round robin to keep things interesting. I appreciate those who came out for showing up. The crew at HitBox Arena says that their next target date is Sept 19... just throwing it out there to gauge availability & whatnot. More importantly, though, I'll see most of you wonderful people in Philly...