• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beat extend is safe on block if it hits an assist

zeknife

Beat extend can still be shaked after hitting an assist, even if the point character blocks it. This makes it pretty safe which it probably shouldn't
In the following video, the dummy is set to playback a recording and then block the first hit only.

Most characters can crouch upon landing to avoid the followup, but sometimes it keeps you in the air and you pretty much can't do anything about it.

@Mike_Z

If you pushblock the last hit before the shake quickly enough BB will be pushed away which keeps you from being locked down, saves your assist from being hit further, and leaves BB open to be punished or have to guess counter with SSJ

edit: it's actually not even quickly, it's a fairly large window

Last edited:
I've never even seen you do anything related to SG besides post combos.

I'm pretty bad at the game, you can check out some of my sets sometimes. I can't block. Could use advice, probably, maybe! I dunno.
But yeah, man, so big.. Eats all my mashed raw tags. The feelings are painful.

Back