• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Bella's Hit Confirms

CountryPistol

Reaction score
Steam
countrypistol
PSN
countrypistol
Cerebella
Is c.lk-c.mp a good hit confirm for Bella? I've noticed it is -8 on block, and being new to the game I'm unsure how safe this is. Are there other hit confirms I should be using?

It's the only confirm you need with her, if you get blocked you can either frametrap the opponent into a diamond drop (most people will just pushblock you away for this reason) or just continue the chain into c.hk xx runstop to give you frame advantage and maybe catch them low.

For reference, the fastest move in the game is Bella's command grab super (4 frames). After that comes Ms. Fortune's and Filia's s.lp (5 frames). Everyone else's jab is about 6 frames or more.

So -8 is pretty punishable. Fortunately, Bella's blockstrings have the ever looming threat of command grabs and runstops to stay plus on block and continue pressure.

c.HK is 0 on block

just continue the chain into c.hk xx runstop to give you frame advantage and maybe catch them low.
c.HK is 0 on block
Pushblocking the c.MP makes any normals you follow up with, punishable. Testing vs quite a few characters I'm getting -10 to -11 for c.HK run stop, which is punishable using PBGC Gregor at the very least even at that spacing.

Also if they pushblocked the c.LK late then the c.MP will not push back at all (since c.LK was the normal you pushblocked not c.MP), making it even easier to punish with virtually anything you want.

Of course you could go even more YOLO and do battle head or whatever that hella super armoured special is in run, after c.HK but none of these are in Bella's favour, especially those who know how to punish it.

EDIT: Or you could do what Mike does and do c.LK c.MP c.HP kanchou or c.LK c.MP c.HP tumble run but that's punishable in so many ways.

Last edited:
2LK 5MK is also really good, but you do have to realise when you are not in range for it. Truth is, like a few characters, you have to take a risk for a hitconfirm with Bella unless you are right up close.

Its similar to Eliza where even just committing to 2LK 2MP is unsafe unless spaced very well, actually even then, it is unsafe against many characters particularly with meter.

Ground confirm in general tend to be less safe in SG, a notable exception being Fukua.

So back to the point, 2LK 5MK when close, when far, either 2LK then go in for pressure/tick grab or commit to 2MP and then mix up whether you go for the sweep or not.

EDIT: Or you could do what Mike does and do c.LK c.MP c.HP kanchou or c.LK c.MP c.HP tumble run but that's punishable in so many ways.
Reads, son. (c.HP xx Kanchou slide, without holding down the button, is only -9 and is a crossup so often people are not ready to punish it because they are in defense mode.)

BTW, c.HP and s.HP both have 1 more frame of blockstun than c.HK, so runstops from those are +1 instead of c.HK's +0. Nyaaah.

You're not gonna get punished for using c.mp, only if someone makes a super hard read on you, but even then, if you're too scared you can just confirm with c.lk, c.mp, runstop since that +0 on block and you can link a c.lp (2f link, but is there a buffer for this? it feels surprisingly easy).

The idea of using c.hk on block strings is to react to getting pushblocked since it usually reaches far enough to hit the opponent even if you got pushed away, and even if they pbgc the c.hk it's just -10 and you're too far for most people to punish with anything (also I didn't realize runstop doesn't make recover faster for c.hk, that's wild).