• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Best Characters & Moves

moisterrific

Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Steam
moisterrific
Eliza Filia Cerebella
Discuss the characters and moves you think are the best out of all the rest. And list some reasons why you think they're the best! (this post is current as of version 1.1.1)

Here are some from what I've seen, I don't have every character and move yet but I can tell which ones stand out from the rest even when they're AI controlled.

Best characters:
  • Parasoul - Princess Pride (passive: gains Regen whenever she spawns a tear, with the right moves and attacks she can spawn up to 5 tears and heal extreme amounts, Regen is capped at 5 stacks but she can detonate the tears and instantly heal a percentage of her total HP)
  • Filia - Parasite Weave (passive: decent chance to stun when landing a crit, constant stuns with maxed out ability tree and paired with specials that often crit such as Drillationship)
  • Peacock - Untouchable (passive: chance to avoid all damage on hits & gain unflinching, great counter against attacks that hit often)
  • Cerebella - Armed Forces (passive: chance to gain Armor for 15 seconds when taking hits, also gains Unflinching)
  • Eliza - Bloody Valentine (passive: gain a bit of health whenever anyone uses a special, can even come back from KO because of this ability. Even though Eliza is not a playable character yet, I can see this being a really cool and useful ability when against opponents that have all 5 specials.
  • Valentine - Last Hope (passives allow her and her teammates to receive Heavy Regen when at low HP. Also allows her to resurrect herself once to survive devastating BBs like Fenrir Drive, Good Fellows, Inferno Brigade, etc.
  • Cerebella - Big Top (passives lets her resurrect herself once, can survive powerful BBs. Also gains unflinching upon resurrection.)
  • Big Band - Resonant Evil
  • Eliza - Diva Intervention
Best Blockbusters (all gold tier):
  • Filia - Fenrir Drive (often a guaranteed KO, sometimes can be dodged or evaded)
  • Parasoul - Inferno Brigade (does a lot hits and damage in total and always inflicts heavy bleed once you unlock it)
  • Parasoul - Silent Scope (charges up fast and does high damage that is guaranteed to hit regardless of range)
  • Peacock - Good Fellows (often guaranteed KO, does slightly less damage in total than Fenrir Drive but this one can't be dodged)
  • Peacock - Argus Agony (long range with many hits, always inflicts armour break)
  • Big Band - Tuba Tuba (guaranteed stun every time because of the many hits)
  • Cerebella - Ultimate Showstopper (guaranteed to hit since she runs up and grabs her opponent, does a lot of damage but is less than Fenrir Drive, Good Fellows, Inferno Brigade, etc.)
  • Cerebella - Grab Bag
  • Valentine - EKG Flatliner (guaranteed to hit at any distance and hits many times to do decent damage in total)
Best Specials: (all gold tier)
  • Peacock - Bang, Bang, Bang! (Long ranged attack that often crits, you can tap it up to 3 times to make it shoot 3 times)
  • Peacock - George's Day Out (slow long ranged projectile that does high damage and staggers)
  • Filia - Drillationship (does a lot of damage in total and often crits)
  • Parasoul - Napalm Shot (long ranged fast projectile that always spawns a tear)
  • Cerebella - Battle Butt (high damage and armour break)
Hopefully I'll get lucky and unlock more new characters and moves and I'll expand this list. Feel free to contribute info for stuff I'm missing!

Last edited:
Reactions: PsychotronTM
Great stuff! We're constantly trying to predict on paper the hierarchy of character/move effectiveness, so it's really interesting to see how people are interpreting the meta in the wild. Princess Pride is... really good.

Great stuff! We're constantly trying to predict on paper the hierarchy of character/move effectiveness, so it's really interesting to see how people are interpreting the meta in the wild. Princess Pride is... really good.
With certain specials and BBs she can get 5 stacks of regen instantly but for a very short time. Her overall survivavility is probably the best out of all characters since you can often get 2-3 stacks of regen throughout the match and heal off any scratch damage. Primed Parasoul is basically a better version of Peacock That's All Folks! since she can get Enrage by spawning tears where Peacock must take hits to get the effect.

George's Day out is ridiculously good. The sheer damage it does surprises me every time it goes off. I only have it at Bronze so far, so I'm kind of terrified at how good it will be at Gold.

George's Day out is ridiculously good. The sheer damage it does surprises me every time it goes off. I only have it at Bronze so far, so I'm kind of terrified at how good it will be at Gold.

It does high damage, is often unavoidable and staggers the opponent for a few seconds. I'm not sure if a gold one does more damage than a bronze one, always thought the difference between bronze, silver, and gold tier moves was how many random stats it had.

Filia moves tier list (all gold)

BB = blockbuster
SM = special move

Top tier:
  • Fenrir Drive BB
  • Gregor Samson BB
  • Drillationship SM
Mid tier:
  • Ringlet Spike SM
  • Blowout BB
  • Trichobezoar BB
  • Widow's Peak BB
  • French Twist SM
  • Hairball SM
  • Drill Tempered BB
Bottom tier:
  • Lash Out SM
  • Burst SM
  • Born With It SM

How does big band's armour stacking passive compare to Cerebella?

EDIT: I just realized my gold big band doesn't have that passive on his tree
I'm not sure, I don't have the Big Band character that has the passive where you gain armour. I know Armed Forces Cerebella can be upgraded to gain armour for 15 seconds when getting hit and also gain unflinching.

Cerebella moves tier list: (currently incomplete)

All the moves I list are gold since I just sell bronze and silver ones immediately as there is no point in keeping them once you have gold ones.

Top tier:
  • Ultimate Showstopper: this blockbuster takes the longest to charge and does a high amount of damage in total. This is one of those blockbusters guaranteed to connect regardless of distance and cannot be blocked or evaded, grants Enrage for a few seconds if used to defeat an opponent.
  • Battle Butt: this special move is effective at close to mid range and can be blocked and evaded. It does high damage and inflicts Armor Break on your opponent for a few seconds. While charging forward, Cerebella can't be stopped most of the time and this attack usually connects.
  • Lock N' Load: special move guaranteed to hit at close to mid range and does high damage with a decent chance to crit, also has a rare chance to spawn a poorly drawn cat that has no effect in battle whatsoever.
  • Diamond Dynamo: a fast charging blockbuster guaranteed to connect at close range and will slightly damage your opponent at mid range, does a decent amount of damage in total.
  • Grab Bag: this blockbuster takes awhile to charge and is guaranteed to hit, can't be blocked or avoided, and does high damage in total. Grants you Armor for a few seconds if used to defeat an opponent.
  • Excellebella: blockbuster that usually can't be blocked or avoided and will connect regardless of distance. Sometimes doesn't hit when the opponent is temporarily invulnerable. Does high damage in total and has a chance to stun your opponent for a few seconds.
Mid tier:
  • Diamond Drop: blockbuster that charges relatively fast but only works up close and can often miss. Does moderate damage and grants you Regen for a few seconds if used to defeat an opponent.
  • Diamonds Are Forever: blockbuster that can hit your opponent at any distance and does high damage. Can be blocked and evaded, often this move won't reliably hit your target.
  • Cerecopter: special move that only works up close and does decent damage in total. Has a chance to inflict Armor Break on your opponent for a few seconds.
  • Merry Go-Rilla (don't have this yet)
  • Butt Slam
Bottom tier:
  • Burst: special move that does no damage and only works up close. Inflicts Cripple on your opponent for a few seconds and can sometimes save you from an attack due to the half a second of invincibility it grants.
  • Hammer Toss: a special move that does no damage and only works up close, a successful hit forces your opponent to tag out if there is more than one opponent. Tagging out removes all combat effects and this move is absolutely useless against single opponents.
  • Medici Muscle: a special move that grants you Armor for a few seconds, you can be attacked during animation and if the animation is interrupted you will not receive the Armor buff.

Last edited:
Peacock moves tier list: (all gold, complete?)

Top tier:
  • Bang, Bang, Bang! SM
  • George's Day Out SM
  • Argus Agony BB
  • Good Fellows BB
Mid tier:
  • Bandwagon Rushdown BB
  • Impending Doom BB
  • Boxcar George SM
  • George at the Air Show SM
  • Deadly Airport BB
Bottom tier:
  • Burst SM
  • Hi Hi Birdie SM
  • Who's On Second? SM

Last edited:
I'm not sure, I don't have the Big Band character that has the passive where you gain armour. I know Armed Forces Cerebella can be upgraded to gain armour for 15 seconds when getting hit and also gain unflinching.

resonant evil big band (silver) can gain armour for 10 seconds (compared to 15) and gains a 5% (10-15% when maxed, not sure) chance to stun when hit to stun oponents for 2s (not sure if that changes when maxed either)

Factors that decide the tier of a blockbuster or special move:

Top tier BB: unavoidable/unblockable or can rarely be evaded, does a lot of damage in total
Top tier SM: hard to avoid, does a lot of damage, and/or has useful combat effects
Mid tier BB & SM: does a decent amount of damage and can sometimes be avoided
Bottom tier SM: typically burst moves that do no damage, moves that force your opponent to tag out, or applies a self buff, etc.

Tips: you should never sell top tier gold moves, only sell mid tier gold moves if you have too many duplicates of the same move, and it's a good idea to keep one of each bottom tier move and sell the rest. In my opinion, silver and bronze moves are all useless and I sell them right away since I've gotten to the point where Expert difficulty events become a sleepwalk and farming gold moves is a breeze.

Last edited:
resonant evil big band (silver) can gain armour for 10 seconds (compared to 15) and gains a 5% (10-15% when maxed, not sure) chance to stun when hit to stun oponents for 2s (not sure if that changes when maxed either)
That sounds powerful and a great counter to moves that do low damage but hit a lot, and it probably shuts down top tier blockbusters that does a lot of hits like Inferno Brigade, Good Fellows, Tuba Tuba, etc.

Parasoul moves tier list (all gold, incomplete)

Top tier:
  • Inferno Brigade BB
  • Motor Brigade BB
  • Silent Scope BB
  • Napalm Shot SM
  • Egret Moto SM
Mid tier:
  • Canopy Bounce BB
  • Egret Dive SM
  • Napalm Shower BB
Bottom tier:
  • Burst SM
  • Egret Call SM
  • Banishment SM
  • Napalm Toss SM

IMG_1819.PNG

I'm not sure if this works for the forum on the subject matter, but what do you guys think are usually the best passives in the game, in terms of dealing status ailments onto foes? Or perhaps in the bronze or silver characters as well? (For beginners like me?)

I admit, I'm partial to how Bad Hair Day Filia gives bleed via Razor Shears (And I think Gregor Samson? I don't have my phone on hand but I believe it has a chance to inflict it.) or how Big Band's Super Sonic Jazz can sometimes give stun for a good few seconds, as I haven't had any silvers or golds 'sides Inkling Peacock and Grey Matter Cerebella. ...Status ailments are usually very rare for me to inflict if it's not a passive (One day, I'll pull Big Top Cerebella or Parasite Weave Filia...!)

I'd love to see your opinions on your gameplay, everyone!

I'm not sure if this works for the forum on the subject matter, but what do you guys think are usually the best passives in the game, in terms of dealing status ailments onto foes? Or perhaps in the bronze or silver characters as well? (For beginners like me?)

I admit, I'm partial to how Bad Hair Day Filia gives bleed via Razor Shears (And I think Gregor Samson? I don't have my phone on hand but I believe it has a chance to inflict it.) or how Big Band's Super Sonic Jazz can sometimes give stun for a good few seconds, as I haven't had any silvers or golds 'sides Inkling Peacock and Grey Matter Cerebella. ...Status ailments are usually very rare for me to inflict if it's not a passive (One day, I'll pull Big Top Cerebella or Parasite Weave Filia...!)

I'd love to see your opinions on your gameplay, everyone!

You mean passives as in Signature Abilities unique to each character? Or the effects some special moves and blockbusters have?

You mean passives as in Signature Abilities unique to each character? Or the effects some special moves and blockbusters have?
More so the passives as in Signature Abilities unique to the cast! (What I meant was that the only experience I got from status ailments and effects are from the special moves and blockbusters, sorry for the confusion!)

Though, however, if you have any ideas on what some of the best moves are akin towards inflicting effects on opponents, that'd be appreciated too! (cripple / bleed / etc) Like how you did with Cerebella earlier! I'm working on getting gold moves, but I don't exactly know which moves are the best to really pinpoint my focus on farming for, you know?

More so the passives as in Signature Abilities unique to the cast! (What I meant was that the only experience I got from status ailments and effects are from the special moves and blockbusters, sorry for the confusion!)

Though, however, if you have any ideas on what some of the best moves are akin towards inflicting effects on opponents, that'd be appreciated too! (cripple / bleed / etc) Like how you did with Cerebella earlier! I'm working on getting gold moves, but I don't exactly know which moves are the best to really pinpoint my focus on farming for, you know?

I'm working on making a complete list of the best specials and blockbusters for each character. The better moves are the ones that do relatively high damage and is guaranteed to inflict an effect, like Battle Butt or Ringlet Spike. Likewise for blockbusters, the best ones are the ones that do many hits and has a decent chance to apply a debuff to the opponent.

Reactions: WulfDen
Discuss the characters and moves you think are the best out of all the rest. And list some reasons why you think they're the best! (this post is current as of version 1.1.1)

Here are some from what I've seen, I don't have every character and move yet but I can tell which ones stand out from the rest even when they're AI controlled.

Best characters:
  • Parasoul - Princess Pride (passive: gains Regen whenever she spawns a tear, with the right moves and attacks she can spawn up to 5 tears and heal extreme amounts, Regen is capped at 5 stacks but she can detonate the tears and instantly heal a percentage of her total HP)
  • Filia - Parasite Weave (passive: decent chance to stun when landing a crit, constant stuns with maxed out ability tree and paired with specials that often crit such as Drillationship)
  • Peacock - Untouchable (passive: chance to avoid all damage on hits & gain unflinching, great counter against attacks that hit often)
  • Cerebella - Armed Forces (passive: chance to gain Armor for 15 seconds when taking hits, also gains Unflinching)
  • Eliza - Bloody Valentine (passive: gain a bit of health whenever anyone uses a special, can even come back from KO because of this ability. Even though Eliza is not a playable character yet, I can see this being a really cool and useful ability when against opponents that have all 5 specials.
  • Valentine - Last Hope (passives allow her and her teammates to receive Heavy Regen when at low HP. Also allows her to resurrect herself once to survive devastating BBs like Fenrir Drive, Good Fellows, Inferno Brigade, etc.
  • Cerebella - Big Top (passives lets her resurrect herself once, can survive powerful BBs. Also gains unflinching upon resurrection.)
  • Big Band - Resonant Evil
  • Eliza - Diva Intervention
Best Blockbusters (all gold tier):
  • Filia - Fenrir Drive (often a guaranteed KO, sometimes can be dodged or evaded)
  • Parasoul - Inferno Brigade (does a lot hits and damage in total and always inflicts heavy bleed once you unlock it)
  • Parasoul - Silent Scope (charges up fast and does high damage that is guaranteed to hit regardless of range)
  • Peacock - Good Fellows (often guaranteed KO, does slightly less damage in total than Fenrir Drive but this one can't be dodged)
  • Peacock - Argus Agony (long range with many hits, always inflicts armour break)
  • Big Band - Tuba Tuba (guaranteed stun every time because of the many hits)
  • Cerebella - Ultimate Showstopper (guaranteed to hit since she runs up and grabs her opponent, does a lot of damage but is less than Fenrir Drive, Good Fellows, Inferno Brigade, etc.)
  • Cerebella - Grab Bag
  • Valentine - EKG Flatliner (guaranteed to hit at any distance and hits many times to do decent damage in total)
Best Specials: (all gold tier)
  • Peacock - Bang, Bang, Bang! (Long ranged attack that often crits, you can tap it up to 3 times to make it shoot 3 times)
  • Peacock - George's Day Out (slow long ranged projectile that does high damage and staggers)
  • Filia - Drillationship (does a lot of damage in total and often crits)
  • Parasoul - Napalm Shot (long ranged fast projectile that always spawns a tear)
  • Cerebella - Battle Butt (high damage and armour break)
Hopefully I'll get lucky and unlock more new characters and moves and I'll expand this list. Feel free to contribute info for stuff I'm missing!
is eliza in the game yet? havent seen her in the rolls yet.

is eliza in the game yet? havent seen her in the rolls yet.
Eliza is in the game, but she's not playable yet. I've added her to the list based on the AI Eliza opponents I've fought and determined these Eliza characters are better than the rest.

Thank you for the guide ^^ i'm new too. do we have Line Group ?