• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows BetterDS3 connection issues/ Emulator recommendations?

BlueDaruma

Reaction score
Steam
BlueDaruma
Robo Fortune Beowulf
Not sure if this is the right place to mention this, but I figured it's worth a shot.

Currently using a PS3 controller to play SG on my laptop. I'm using the BetterDS3 tool to emulate an XBox360 controller.

Recently I've been running into an issue where all of a sudden, the game would freeze and I'd find that none of the buttons on my controller was working. I suspect the problem is that the BetterDS3 tool all of a sudden stops responding, because I would usually hear the ping that plays when I unplug a device from the computer. However, there have been times where I've played for hours on end and not encountered this issue at all, so I'm very confused.

Is there anybody else out there who has experienced this issue that could help me out? Should I maybe switch to a different emulator? I've previously tried using MotioninJoy but I switched to BetterDS3 because I was running into an issue where sometimes extra buttons would be pressed without me realizing it. MotioninJoy has never disconnected my controller, if I remember correctly though...

Better DS3 is just a slightly better motioninjoy, which is a poorly made program.
Assuming that you're playing on Windows, go with SCP Driver instead. I've been using it forever and its never had a single problem with my dualshock 3.

Reactions: BlueDaruma
Better DS3 is just a slightly better motioninjoy, which is a poorly made program.
Assuming that you're playing on Windows, go with SCP Driver instead. I've been using it forever and its never had a single problem with my dualshock 3.

I'll give that a shot. Glad to hear that there were more options than the aforementioned two.