• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Big Band Tutorial Bug

R.Shenanigans

Reaction score
Right, I posted this earlier but I didn't realize there was a specific place for beta bug reports until now, so I guess I'll repeat this and figure out how to get rid of that misplaced thread. I was playing the tutorials to see all that's changed from first playing them on the xbox version, and when I got to Big Band, I had an issue that basically made the tutorial unable to complete. The short of it is that after the lesson telling you how to perform the Sachmo Solo, the next one tells you to do it again, but there's a problem that makes you unable to perform it. The specific issue is that after performing MP, even if you hold down MP, you aren't able to play any notes or extend the time where Big Band holds it out, and all that happens is that he immediately drops it. I've tried to work around the issue by mashing the buttons hoping that if I could get one note out to force the ability to toy with the trumpet, but I was unable to. I don't have any means of recording this, and I'm not sure if its just me with the problem, but if anyone could test this, that would be appreciated.

Ah, looks like I need to update some text to make it clearer. In that second Satchmo Solo section, the text window before you start the exercise says "Satchmo Solo can also be performed without bringing the trumpet out, but the command must be executed more quickly", meaning you're supposed to do the move without bringing out the trumpet. Playing notes on the trumpet is locked out to make sure you can't pass that section without doing what's it asking you to do.

Oooh that explains it! I figured something was really off because the normal game's version doesn't have that, and I just thought it was telling me to perform it again. I didn't actually it was updated so you're able to do it without having to fiddle with the trumpet. Thanks a lot!