• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Big Band's Parry is Hype.

Do you think Big Band is hype or just for show?

• Hype Dog!

Votes: 73 77.7%
  • Puny Poser.

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Who's Big Band?

Votes: 20 21.3%

• Total voters

Ninja

[Jazzy Diamonds]
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Big Band Cerebella

Even more Jazz!

Let's go Beat Brothers!

The Beat Brothers.png

Last edited:
The fact that he is Q's long lost brother just makes him that much doper. Nice video.

Excuse you, but we all know the true hype character has yet to make her clean hit.

Reactions: Karlaaldana
Excuse you, but we all know the true hype character has yet to make her clean hit.

Oh really? And do you think Mike will allow her VIP access? Cause at this point I'm not so sure. But hey, that's not stopping me from doing some animations of her. And if she does make it, all the better. MOAR HYPE! MOAR SQUATS! THAT'S THE SKULL GIRL WAY!

Reactions: DDB
Mike Z had an awesome Big Band parry in UFGT. I'm wondering how many band players are incorporating the parry into their games?

Reactions: Skymin50
Mike Z had an awesome Big Band parry in UFGT.
I hear people mentioning it. Does anyone have a link to match in which it's been done?

Mike Z had an awesome Big Band parry in UFGT. I'm wondering how many band players are incorporating the parry into their games?

Not enough, especially online.

Every single one of them should. It shouldn't take "hype moments" to make people realize that it's a dang useful move.

Welp, my job is done here, Flotilla one of the best Bands is here. Please Spread the good word of the 3rd Strike parry to all who wish to hear it.

I need to start parrying. I wasn't parrying before but I should be parrying. If you're not parrying you should be parrying. Everyone that plays this character should be practicing parrying and then parrying in real matches.

Parry parry parry

I know I am. I've been told to do that to deal with Fukua. Parrying against any character can seriously fuck them up - Fukua, being the BB counter, takes this the most. Her J.HK is sooooooo easy to punish if you parry it. Parrying her Platonic Drillationship and projectiles too cripple her alot - taking the Fukua out of Fukua really cripples her as a character.

Every single one of them should. It shouldn't take "hype moments" to make people realize that it's a dang useful move.

I agree. However it is probably the most advanced aspect of Big Band, perhaps of any character. If you don't know how many hits, or you mess up the timing you are in huge trouble.

I know I am. I've been told to do that to deal with Fukua. Parrying against any character can seriously fuck them up - Fukua, being the BB counter, takes this the most. Her J.HK is sooooooo easy to punish if you parry it. Parrying her Platonic Drillationship and projectiles too cripple her alot - taking the Fukua out of Fukua really cripples her as a character.

Fukua players love abusing the j. HK, J. HP loop against the massive hurtbox of big band. This is a great tip, this will make them think twice bout that!

Reactions: Skymin50
Aw Yeah, Thanks Muro. It's so cheesy to look at. Can't For the Hype Parries to come at Evo.

This is not human jesus christ
What, Mike Z parrying that? I personally think that he knew that FullBleed would super after that Brass making the whole thing easy for Mike. The only thing that I was impressed was Mike actually parrying the Brass in the air, it's sometimes tricky to do that, especially after super jumping like what Mike did.

I mean the whole Parrying Supers
I can understand parrying normals but stuff like the Nightmare Legion?
This is an art.

Yo Ninja could you show Parries of the new Eliza's supers?

Yo Ninja could you show Parries of the new Eliza's supers?

I:^)

well we personally may have a problem... Lady of Slaughter's first frame is still a combo grab so can't parry that... Sorry ._.

Now then...Nakhbet Breaker, that is also a combo grab so no dice on her lv 1's sorry folks.

Eliza's only physical hitting Super is her lv 3, so have fun parrying and using Val.'s counter on her ;^)

Took some time, but I made it. (Now to do this in a real match...)

Hey good job, now when you are fighting online don't go fishing for parries ( dangerous to your health ) let them come naturally, or bait them out just like you would bait for a mashed super or a burst bait. Also everyday chalange yourself with a new move/ super/ or special move for you to parry at. the more moves you know how to parry the more prepared you are to do them when the real thing happens. We all can't be Diago and J.Wong in Evo moment #43 here, but we sure act like we can. cause I don't play this game seriously enough, i could be really gud but ah the heck with it i'm lazy.

Oh, this thread is a thing. I posted this in the general Big Band thread but hey, PARRIES ARE COOL.

Welp there you go folks Pimario has come and shown you all of the supers that the Big Band can parry. And Until Robo-Kitty and Beowulf come out my job is done here.

Ta~

Welp there you go folks Pimario has come and shown you all of the supers that the Big Band can parry. And Until Robo-Kitty and Beowulf come out my job is done here.

Ta~
You will be missed until Beowulf and robo

Ah don't worry, I think I'll make up some tutorial videos of parrying common block strings, aye? Something to fill in the time.
Sounds good to me lol

One super I missed in that video is Val's parry super. Acquisitive Prescription very likely can't be parried, but I imagine that Countervenom could be, if it's triggered by an assist or something.

One super I missed in that video is Val's parry super. Acquisitive Prescription very likely can't be parried, but I imagine that Countervenom could be, if it's triggered by an assist or something.
Do you know what I do if Val does counter venom on my SSJ? I just continue my super, one hit of armor is more than enough... (:^)

oh by the way if you do this it really HURTS your assist, so don't do it. just don't... poor bella ._.

Reactions: Pikmario
Hey good job, now when you are fighting online don't go fishing for parries ( dangerous to your health ) let them come naturally, or bait them out just like you would bait for a mashed super or a burst bait. Also everyday chalange yourself with a new move/ super/ or special move for you to parry at. the more moves you know how to parry the more prepared you are to do them when the real thing happens. We all can't be Diago and J.Wong in Evo moment #43 here, but we sure act like we can. cause I don't play this game seriously enough, i could be really gud but ah the heck with it i'm lazy.
Yeah I know. I was doing that in training but just like you I'm lazy and the only super that I parried was this one.

Do you know what I do if Val does counter venom on my SSJ? I just continue my super, one hit of armor is more than enough... (:^)
After what happened at last SALTY!, it doesn't look like that will be possible once Eliza ships.