• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Can this PC run Skullgirls at 60fps?

TopTierTaite

Reaction score
Steam
TaiteFGC
PSN
Goon_2
Squigly
Hey guys, I have not been very active on the forums, but I watched MikeZ's UFGTX panel recently and that revived my interest in SG. PC seems to be where its at for competition, so I messed around on PCPP until I made this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jbpvt6
It's an apu build, since budgets are tight (a high-end apu though!). I would like to know if this will be enough to get me going.
SIDE NOTE, NOT DIRECTLY TO SG, BUT IT'S FIGHTING GAME RELATED: Will this be fine for KOF13 & USF4 too? In the future, I would like to play the KI port and SFV on PC too, and I plan on upgrading this over time with an SSD and an R9 270, will that be enough? Lastly, will I experience any bottlenecks? I intend on solely playing fighting games, non-graphically intensive games (old jrpgs on steam, platformers, stuff like that), and Streaming (with a capture card).
Thanks in advance!!

for skullgirls this will be fine, skullgirls is very resource-unintensive so the motherboard integrated graphics should be plenty. KOF and Ultra I dunno, I couldn't find the VRAM for that integrated card anywhere but it's a new enough APU that it should have enough (1gb should be plenty I think). If you get an R9 you should have no problem with KI/SFV, it'll be a pretty high end build at that point.

found an usf4 benchmark for a 7850k, the very slightly weaker version. Runs at 1080p/60FPS. I think this build will do!