• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Can't train against DLC characters?

Tendavo

Reaction score
Fukua
Recently I've been having trouble learning and understanding the hitboxes of the DLC characters.
Though I don't personally have the money to buy them myself, I noticed that you can't go into training mode and fight against these characters.

For the most part I'm in a conundrum since I can't learn how to effectively react to these characters attacks in online matches since everything is going by so fast I can't absorb what exactly the attacks coming at me can do or their range.

Do I need to absolutely have the DLC characters to be able to train against them and progress in being better at this game. I know videos likely exist to show these hitboxes, however it isn't the same as learning through directly playing in the game.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

If you have access to the endless beta in your steam library, you can train against DLC characters there.
If you don't, or you're on console, I am not sure there is a way aside from buying them or trying them on someone else's machine that has them.
Sorry, I hope someone else has a better answer!

If you can find someone who is willing, you could also get them to choose the DLC character of choice and make an online training lobby.