• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Chance game crashes after character select screen.

Zippywin

Reaction score
After selecting character(s) on character select screen, there is a chance that the game force-exits upon attempting to load the first fight.

Has been triggered on Story, Arcade, Survival and Training modes.

If story mode, the crash-point is when it loads the first fight, after any introductory cut-scenes.

Attempted the following:
Deleted video settings .bin file
Verify integrity via Steam
Uninstalled and reinstalled via Steam

System dxdiag attached

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    94.3 KB · Views: 181
After selecting character(s) on character select screen, there is a chance that the game force-exits upon attempting to load the first fight.

Has been triggered on Story, Arcade, Survival and Training modes.

If story mode, the crash-point is when it loads the first fight, after any introductory cut-scenes.

Attempted the following:
Deleted video settings .bin file
Verify integrity via Steam
Uninstalled and reinstalled via Steam

System dxdiag attached
Hello @Zippywin Thank you for providing the dxdiag file but a crash log is going to be more useful here. Can you please provide me your crash log?

Here are instructions on how to access your crash log.

Crash logs are stored in the Steam root folder.

To easily navigate to the Skullgirls root Steam folder, right click Skullgirls on your steam list, click properties, and then click "browse local files". This will instantly take you to the Skullgirls root folder. Your crash dumps will be in the folder titled "crash-dumps". You'll notice your crash dumps will have dates associated with them. I'll need the file from the 17th. If there are multiple crash dumps from the 17th, just go ahead and send me all of them if there aren't too many and I should be able to figure out which one is which.

When you have that file, feel free to put it in a reply here or send it to chris @ hiddenvariable dot com.