• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Closed] Fin

Ravage Dingo

Reaction score
Steam
Ravage Dingo
Valentine
As the series is very new in terms of it’s lore, a single five or six sequence story there isn't much for accurate guessing here. We know Valentine has vanished from the catacombs below The Grand Cathedral. It would have appeared that Valentine has accepted this new role as the Skullgirl to further infiltrate the Trinity and their intended affairs. Afterall, she decided to faithfully serve Marie after all The Last Hope, except for her, had been slaughtered in front of her.

I think Valentine will continue to eliminate potential threats against the Trinity and using the fallen enemies to further strengthen her research goals. The first of which, which is what I wish this commission to be, is Valentine’s reencounter with Ms. Fortune.

Valentine through her work with the previous Skullgirl noticed Minette when is in distressed just awaits for Ms. Fortune to come out in the open. Valentine after trashing Ms. Fortune on the streets and being transformed into the next Skullgirl adducts Minette along with other girls from the Little Innsmouth Restaurant and Inn.

Valentine then returns to Lab Zero to start performing the transformation Minette into another killing machine like Painwheel. Through Valentine’s deception blaming the kidnapping on the Medici family allowed for the first half of the transformation of Minette to commence. Valentine has taken the blood of Skullgirl, herself, to bind to the young fish creature eventually turning her eye sockets into black sockets with a faint and dull red skull in the center of her eyes. Valentine is quickly confronted by Ms. Fortune but has fallen into a trap.

Now, the half-transformed Minette and the struggling Ms. Fortune are restrained only to see to face to weeks of tortuous “research” only to be further experimented on...

Last edited:
Reactions: Karlaaldana
0_0 Holy shit dude that's horrifying.

Rough draft of an idea:
valentine concept 1.png
Let me know what you think of the concept.
Not sure what to make minette and skullgirl valentine look like yet. :P

If it's too graphic lol we could tone it down :p. I don't wana come across like a creepo haha. Anyway as for design I like :D. I just picture Minette a bit more in despair, she is only a teenager and you have this maniac skull women about to perform god knows what on her.

I wonder if it would better capture the corruption and brutality of her methods if we saw he injecting innocent Minette with some needle filled with some bright bad looking fluid.... What do you think?

2 scary 4 me.

In seriousness, I think if she was actually injecting it the scene would feel a bit too stiff and slow. Also I don't know if I can do that to minette. :)

If she has the syringe ready, about to strike, I think it feels more intimidating and dynamic. Here's a sloppy sketch that I mostly just copy/pasted from the previous one to try out the composition:
valentine concept 2.png
It's tricky to try to get all three characters and their expressions into the shot. Here I tried doing a fish eye effect so that minette's face is visible, while still being able to see valentine's face as she's approaching her.

Do you know what stick you're planning to use? It would be helpful to know the layout so I could work the composition around the buttons and joystick.

I believe I'm going with the Mad Catz TE or SE. If one is better for you I don't mind just picking that one up.

If three expressions are too hard, consider rearranging? Like if you had pull up Val and Minette or even just push them back slightly to make them bigger and just shrink Ms. Fortune into the background?

Though, that's just a critique I mean I think it looks wonderful as it is right now but :D

Anything else? You need help with me?

Uh oh, chickenwithtie's getting in on this, I'm in trouble. Though I'm looking forward to seeing your interpretation of this scene!

valentine concept 3.png
I figured out an arrangement that might work pretty well. (I'm unsure how big the dustwasher on the joystick would be. I Don't want it to cover up Val's face!) I laid it out for a TE, but if you decide on the SE, I could easily move the characters in scene closer together. I also threw in some very rough shapes for objects in the background.

It looks really good man, Yeah I'm looking forward to a draft by chickenwithtie :D

Here's my sketch, sorry for the wait
tumblr_n6jiiqap8p1r8n1s8o1_1280.png

Also I'm sorry for it being kind of confusing uhm

It's actually not confusing to me. Your interpretation of the scene is somewhat chaotic which is fine. Good artists make the viewer have to inspect the entire image, and have the natural progression of the scene.

It pains me to choose one of you over the other but MysteriousJ's sketch will suit my purposes better. For all intended purposes this thread can be closed. Thanks for the submissions the two of you.