• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Controller inputs mirrored with FC4

Reaction score
Steam
NuclearPotato
Parasoul Fukua Cerebella
I upgraded my pad to a HORI Fighting Commander 4 recently. Upon booting up SG, I found that inputs on the controller would affect both characters in Training Mode (i.e., pressing right would cause both characters to go to the right; c.lp would have both characters throw out the move, etc.). Controls are also mirrored in the control configuration screen. That said, going to the choose controller screen shows only one controller, and plugging in a second controller fixes the issue (although starting the game up with only the FC4 after doing this unbinds all the buttons for some reason). Anyone else having similar issues?

@nuclearpotatosa

This happened to me with the HRAP 4. Switching it to PS3 mode is the quickest fix but I wanted to make Keyboard P2 and it wouldn't save after config all for some reason for P2, p1 saved. Deleting buttonconfig file didn't help either.

@Mike_Z

If you have it in PS4 mode the controller will do this every time. It did for me on my TE2. I'm not positive but I think it has something to do with DSWindows because it's done it in another game too.

Just play in PS3 mode.

If you run the Beta with -log, I can see what controllers the game thinks are connected...?

Otherwise, I'd have to borrow an FC4 and check here.