• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Controlling Skullgirls

Sliced_Toast

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sliced_Toast/
Big Band
Hey there all, did not notice a thread where there was how you control your favorite characters in skull girls. I am of course talking about your controllers, keyboard, fight sticks, or insane voodoo rituals out there. I am looking at you Skarmand *points finger*. Post some pics and tell everyone how you came across your controller.

UhWgA83.jpg

This little beauty is a Afterglow 360 controller, its wired, glows a bright shade of blue (and by bright I mean I can knock down planes in the middle of the night with this thing). I purchased it when skullgirls came out on the PC, because I can't use a keyboard on a fighter, no way in heaven.

I have one of those afterglow controllers, but I use an old hori VX. I like it a lot, though I do want a new stick.

Moved to the Hardware discussion section.

I still deem keyboards as the best controller. The downside is that it can only be used on PC. Fightsticks are more versatile as it can be used on multiple platforms.

Reactions: Candra Software
Alright alright here comes the super controller™ guys.

Boom.

I can forgive the LEDs, but if those aren't Cherry MX Reds, I'm defriending you right now.

That explains the speed ;-;
Still I like my fight stick.
I used to use this:
versuspad1.jpg

Why'd I use that? Well three SIX face buttons duh. It was also incredibly precise almost like a fight stick (it's all micro switches baby) but it breaks rather quickly.

Last edited:
gm_xboxc_blk_large.jpg

Mod edit: y u do dis

Last edited by a moderator:
got trolled by muro...

anyway, i used to use a Madcatz fightpad SD, but it went berserk when i was doing some vega trials and i think it's fubar (specially since i won't open it)

That explains the speed ;-;
Still I like my fight stick.
I used to use this:
versuspad1.jpg

Why'd I use that? Well three SIX face buttons duh. It was also incredibly precise almost like a fight stick (it's all micro switches baby) but it breaks rather quickly.
I still have one of those, for the Bawks. I don't use it all that often, though, since I'm kinda afraid of the PCB dying on me; even then, I pretty much just use it for Rock Band Blitz.

As usual, though, you get what you pay for.

For PC SG, I've been recently using the Logitech F310 Wired Gamepad. After getting used to the feel I can get my inputs off consistently.
wxdwV7D.jpg

m3TJpRe.jpg

Reactions: DawnHibiki
I still deem keyboards as the best controller. The downside is that it can only be used on PC. Fightsticks are more versatile as it can be used on multiple platforms.

Look into a Hitbox ;)

Anyways, already in the "show your fightstick" thread but I'll post em here again cuz I <3 my Cerebella stick.

#1 (for PS3, can't use on PC until I get a damn USB pci card with a via chipset on it)
s49b.png

#2 (for PC/PS3, w/ Korean Crown stick)
t1ev.jpg

Reactions: steelcrezent786