• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Counterhits don't make undizzy go down?

Yomabuddy

I don't play Big Band just for the assist.
Reaction score
Steam
Yomabuddy
Filia Big Band
So I was testing a potentially sick level 2 yomi reset, which is launch j.HK adc j.LK j.MK j.HP fastfall s.HP to counterhit the opponent out of escaping an air throw reset, and I noticed the undizzy didn't go down. Is undizzy supposed to function like this or is this a bug? It also happens with other counterhits (I only tested this with throw inputs - EDIT: Undizzy goes down if other counter hits happen that aren't throw input so I guess this is related to throw inputs only and is a bug that I should have posted about in bug reports so if a mod can move it there that'd be fantastic) during combos so it made me think that it's supposed to be a feature but it may not be so here it is:

Go to 0:10 because I didn't do it the first time and I have no video editor software/am extremely lazy.

@Mike_Z

Last edited:
It looks like the undizzy bar is going down, though?

It goes down the standard bit that happens due to undizzy decay. Since I'm counterhitting with s.HP wouldn't that add the -100 undizzy to the combo?

did you turn on force counter hit in the training menu? doesnt look like anything is being registered as a counter

From what I see it did 1300 dmg, which is not counterhit damage for that move (at that ratio) so I gather it just wasn't a counter hit.

I saw the counter hit flash but otherwise the damage on s.hp didn't go up and undizzy didn't going down further. That's definitely not how I thought it worked

I had Squigly doing a reversal throw input. Perhaps that has something to do with it?

EDIT: Just tested with doing reversal button that isn't a throw input and yeah undizzy went down the way it was supposed to. So this is related to doing throw inputs only I suppose.

Last edited:
Oh hey, good find!

Throw startup is counterhit but it is a different counterhit value so that you know to auto-tech if you get thrown. The undizzy subtraction script bit was looking for a specific counterhit value, the regular one. Will fix right now.