• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Countering Super with a Super?

dama624

I only like sugar cookies
Reaction score
Website
dama624.tumblr.com
Squigly Filia
Often, in streams, I see players countering a super with their own super.

However, I can't seem to do anything against Cerebella's Diamond Dynamo (and Showstopper, but that'd just be because it's a 0-frame grab, I think).

Are there conditions that have to be met to be able to do this?

Often, in streams, I see players countering a super with their own super.

However, I can't seem to do anything against Cerebella's Diamond Dynamo (and Showstopper, but that'd just be because it's a 0-frame grab, I think).

Are there conditions that have to be met to be able to do this?
It depends on the super. I don't think it's possible to react to Diamond Dynamo with anything, including blocking.

if you get full invincibility on the frames you'd be hit/grabbed nd manages to get away from danger, it's a possibility.

can't remember a super fast enough to do it

There are some supers that are impossible to react to with anything if its after the super-flash if you are hit at close range. They only retain this property for a few frames before its lost.

Showstopper and Dynamo are two of them.

So are Fenrir Drive, Gregor Samson, Checkmate Incision, EKG Flatliner...

tbh it would probably be easier to make a list of supers that you are able to react to after the flash.

Again though, this only applies if you are sitting at point-blank range when they do the super.

Reminds me of using EKG Flatliner to dodge through Double's Bandwagon, though that's the only one I remember doing recently.