• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Deadman Wonderland (New Series Box Set 7/15/14?)

Mr.NiceGuy

The Old that tries to be New
Reaction score
Steam
SelfishNOW
PSN
SelfishNOW
XBL
SelfishNOW
Cerebella Parasoul Painwheel
"Hi" to any interested. Don't know how the thread will go but I do have a question to those interested in DMW.

Recently I've come to find that Deadman is getting a re-release on July 15th 2014, the set being a BD/DVD Hybrid. Now it's said that the last DVD release had censorship, which annoyed or hindered the enjoyment of fans. But apparently the UK BD was uncensored, I'm not sure myself but I'd like to know if its true. And whether or not this new set will be uncensored in the US? Or if the reason for the re-release is too offer the Uncut version in response to the original DVD set (2011) having been edited.

So might anyone know if the UK ver. is uncensored or if the new US release will?

As a side note: How is it that DMW came out in 2011 and the series gets the "Anime Classics" label by 2014, weird? (Personally, I believe a series should be honored for its longevity within the anime community to receive such a title, namely be ~10 years old and still relevant (e.g. Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Excel Saga, Tenchi Muyo series, etc.))
Well here's the link to the new set for those curious, http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/zLJv5Tn45pK0hmbDTU/browse/item/102298/4/0/0.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure how the censorship stuff works. My Elfen lied dvd's are uncensored but my roommate's BD HOTD had some censored parts. On the topic of DMW I have a BD version of the series that is uncensored, dunno if it's from the UK though. I can't say I know anything about the rerelease since I never knew it was gonna happen lol.

About the whole "Anime Classics" thing I pretty much agree with you, 3 years is a little too short a period in my opinion to get labeled a classic. Apparently it's a list of anime Funimation has made on their website for "celebrating 20 years of the best in anime". I think their list for "classic" anime is a little warped or small but whatev's.

http://www.funimation.com/shows/anime-classics

Edit: Nevermind about it being uncensored, I thought it was but it's been a while since I watched it so I looked at some of it again and it's not.

Last edited:
my roommate's BD HOTD had some censored parts

Edit: Nevermind about it being uncensored, I thought it was but it's been a while since I watched it so I looked at some of it again and it's not.

Thanks for looking into it. When you got the BD Deadman, it had some censoring, right? It was an earlier release (2012), but this re-release I assume is the series uncensored, hopefully. As for HOTD, Netflix showed the eng dub uncensored and with eng credits, like that of the DVD. A friend of mine owns the set, I'll see if that is uncensored. There are, however, two scenes from the HOTD that I know are un/censored; Ep3, with Rei being groped by an attacker, and Ep6, with the bath scene. The way they were censored was with a white streak across the characters, so if that doesn't appear on your roommate's disc, then it's the uncensored version.