• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Dealing with Big Band

LittlePrinceRex

Amateur Bird and Cat Lover
Reaction score
Steam
LittlePrinceRex
Eliza
I'm fairly novice at the game, but I can usually hold my own in online matches and against Hard-Ridiculous CPUs. However, I always seem to have trouble with Big Band, probably because he seems to play really differently from the rest of the cast (Same with Beowulf, but I actually rarely fight him). I usually play Eliza so tips with her specifically would be great, but in general, what should I watch out for when going up against Big Band?

I'd imagine it's one of the worse matchups, since A-Train beats all of your air options. Eliza's sweep also gets hit by Brass Knuckle.

Um... Upper Khat? And Sekhmet for hard knockdowns to push in on him?

You can also stay on the ground and hold back. Giant Step is reactable. Oh and if he tries to fullscreen Super Sonic then you can use Sekhmet's multihit. Wait that doesn't work in the air. Oh well.

From one novice to another, I feel your pain.

I used to get so angry when I had to fight Big Band CPUs. I pretty much only play Beowulf, and I'm probably not the one to trust about strategies, but I go all offense against BB. At the very least, just avoid being too far away from him.

You probably know this already, but BB uses Brass Knuckles almost religiously. BB almost always does crouching block while charging Brass Knuckles and exploiting that with overhead attacks is crucial. If Upper Kaht can hit, use it to poke BB when he has range on you. Weight of Anubis could help close the gap very quickly, but it can be blocked. I think, I don't play too much Eliza. You could also mix in healthy amounts of Osiris Spiral to keep him in place once you have an opening.

Weight of Anubis could help close the gap very quickly, but it can be blocked. I think, I don't play too much Eliza.
Nope.

...Oh yeah, that's a thing. Big Band likes just walking backwards and otherwise being far away. If he jumps from Albus you don't have to worry about Brass Knuckle and can push him to the corner. If he doesn't jump, well, sliding knockdown right next to you.