• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Double Jump after doing X

Sharnt

Reaction score
Beowulf Fukua Ms. Fortune
Hi there I have a hard time doing double jump after doing something in the middle.

Like Fukua j.HK,qcf.LP, double jump ..., Cerebella j.HP, double jump HP
Or even Fortune jump air dash double jump.

In every case the timings feel very short and there are not any visual clues, because the end of the animation of some moves doesn't represent the end of their recover (especially Fukua air ball).

Any tips for becoming consistent with this? Because not exploiting this possibility hinders my gameplay.

Thanks!

It's just hard. Most inputs in SG have a little buffer window in the front that lets you do it a few frames early (e.g. doing a reversal on wakeup) but doing a double jump after the recovery of an air move has none. You could try to concentrate on doing it slightly later than the fastest possible speed, so if you mess up the input by doing it a frame or two before your target point a double jump will still come out.

Ok, second question, are there vulnerable frames like in a normal jump.
I often get it while doing double jump but I'm not sure whether it's just I'm too late for guarding or if I can't even guard.

I use this thread to repost something:

I wanted to know, how works jump > guarding? I often want to do forward jump > guard, and half of the time I'm hit near the apex of my jump. That's quite confusing.

Same goes when I do jump forward+HP for Zooming the head, and then guard, I see the head going backward, how works the buffer? Could it be by negative edge I'm moving the head going to fast (no issues in training)?